Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

e350 performance

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  IbrokeIT125 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I've got a 2002 e350 7.3L (sportsmobile) and I'm considering some upgrades and would really appreciate your input as I don't know much about diesels.

I really just want to improve efficiency and fuel economy. I’m not too concerned about power because I want the engine to last forever and I’m nervous about the long term effects of the additional heat from more horsepower on the engine. It’s got 150k miles on it now

What would you do to make the engine run as efficient as possible? I’m considering a dp tuner and along with that will probably come exhaust. I’ve put in a couple afe filters as there aren’t any companies producing a cold air intake for the e350.

What do you think the best way to go is for exhaust and keeping noise down?

#2 ·
Definitely don't do dp tuner. Get a ts6 chip or thw hydra with php tunes. Get gauges first. Then intake and exhaust with a muffler.

#3 ·
I’m not too concerned about power because I want the engine to last forever and I’m nervous about the long term effects of the additional heat from more horsepower on the engine.
I can understand your concern about engine longevity but just keep in mind that, not only are vans "detuned" compared to pickups, but factory tunes are made to pass a specific EPA standard. Another words, your engine was designed for much more of a beating than what your factory programming tells it to do, and your engine can run smoother and quieter with different tuning.

If your just looking for efficiency, fuel economy is mostly effected by gearing and wind resistance . What size is your tires and differential? what size lift kit do you have? are you at the 1800rpm range on the highway? how fast do you drive?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.