what could i sell this for - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2014, 09:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
what could i sell this for

Hey guys

I'm new to powerstroke and diesels in general. I've been trying to do my research and this is kinda my last stop. I'm interesting in purchasing an 05 f350 with 145,000 miles. Mods are as followed:Arp head studs, egr delete, magnaflow exhaust, sct custom tunes by dave, cold air intake, Jr forged 24 inch wheels, Nav, Flip down DVD, New shocks and brakes, upper and lower ball joints, new interstate batteries, new alternator (both a month old), new clutch fan, new high pressure oil pump and lowered a little bit in the rear. has everything but sunroof and heated seats. Also has 08 tailgate and lights. Very clean truck no dents or scratches.

He was asking 25000 I got him down to 23,000 with new glow plugs but in doing research i'm thinking this is a little high. I'm not trying to make a profit but I'd like to sell relatively soon with no loss.

Thanks in advance for all the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2014, 09:19 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

So you're trying to flip it?
Old 01-19-2014, 09:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

yes and no. I'm not trying to flip for a profit. I just want to drive it for a little and if i don't like it I'd like to know i could sell it for the same amount with maybe 5000 more miles.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:08 AM

That is a lot of upgrades if it holds true, and he has receipts with warranty for the work. My truck without all those upgrades 2005 F350 Dually 4x4 with 6.0 Liter with 155,000 I purchased here in California for $17,500. But with my trade in as a 2003 Excursion with 6.0 that had substantial amount of work needed done on it they gave me $10,000 but I owed 13,500 so I had $3500 negative equity added on. So essentially I paid nearly with tax and license, $24,000 for mine. I don't think yours would be a high price considering the upgrades. Whether or not you could flip that and sell it even or make a little I do not know depends on the market where your from.

I will see about getting photos up of my truck today later after work.

Last edited by Irishhawk81; 01-21-2014 at 11:13 AM.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:38 AM
information regurgitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reills View Post
Mods are as followed:Arp head studs, egr delete, magnaflow exhaust, sct custom tunes by dave, cold air intake, Jr forged 24 inch wheels, Nav, Flip down DVD, New shocks and brakes, upper and lower ball joints, new interstate batteries, new alternator (both a month old), new clutch fan, new high pressure oil pump and lowered a little bit in the rear. has everything but sunroof and heated seats. Also has 08 tailgate and lights. Very clean truck no dents or scratches.
Look at the truck the way that the average Joe Q. Truckbuyer will look at it.
They don't care about what has been modified, unless it deducts from the value of the truck. They aren't going to care that it is tuned, has studs and most of what you see as adding value. They won't see it that way at all.

ARP studs: Will mean nothing to the average buyer, other than the engine has needed expensive repairs in the past.
EGR delete: It is against the law and will result in the value of the truck dropping. The average buyer would want to return it to factory, and that will cost him money.
Exhaust, tuner/tunes/cold air intake: None of them are worth additional cash to the average buyer. It has to have an exhaust and an intake that filters. It doesn't need a tune to run.
Forged wheels, navigation, DVD: Depending on how professional the install looks, this would add to the value, however not very much.
Shocks, brakes, balljoints, batteries, alternators, clutch fan, HPOP would all be looked at as all routine maintenance items, and wouldn't add very much value.
Lowered: Average buyer wouldn't care
08 tailgate: Average buyer would wonder why the tailgate was replaced.
There aren't many (if any) modifications that would offer much in the form of a return at resale unless you find the guy that is looking for the vehicle you are selling, wants to have those modifications done (or was planning to do them himself).
Old 01-21-2014, 02:17 PM

NYC F-350 mentioned exactly how it should be, all those items mean didly squat for the average buyer.

On the other hand that truck is all setup to one who would want a performance truck that with care will last him a lifetime (Figure of Speech) due to all the BS removed and properly replaced with correct items. So finding the person who wants all that in the truck then great! Just make sure you advertise it with all this to draw in that crowd if you buy and decide to sell it later.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:23 PM

You both are very wrong with your stance on studs.your average buyer will not buy a 6.0 because they DO NOT have studs. Studs are a huge selling factor. As far as the other stuff its hit or miss but wont add a lot. The fact that it has studs may not up the price a ton but it will 100% add a piece of mind. The avg buyer is scared of a 6.0 and does not want it because of how much costly repairs cost. If you have already done the repairs it will make them much easier to sell. Guaranteed. We sell several higher end 6.0 a month and every 6.0 we sell has studs done to it. They are practically not sellable without the "bulletproof" package.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.