Need help finding Aftermarket rims - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2013, 03:44 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need help finding Aftermarket rims

So I'm soon going to be lifting my 01 dually 6in front and back. I've been searching for new rims and I'll I come up with are aftermarket 16x6 rims on like ebay or tire rack. Or I found American force. Ima college kid so American force is out of the question. With that said where can I find some like 17 or 18 in dually rims? I want some wider rims to for bigger tires. Also what the biggest tire I can fit on my stock rims? I'm not overly familiar with tire fitment. Do I have to worry about the with of the tire with a 16x6 rim? Thatnk

Sent from my VS930 4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2013, 07:51 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Take a look at the fatbottom thread or lifted dually thread. Most guys have stock wheels running 12.5 wide tires. If your're ok with the look, then your golden. It would definitely be nicer to run a wider wheel but you will have a hard time finding them for the 8 on 170 bolt pattern.
This is one downfall to our trucks, lack of wheel selection especially wider than 6". What size tire were you planning to run? I know you can get a 255/85/16 BFG MT which is a 33x10.50 I believe.
As far as wear, most do not seem to have many issues. Take a look at the threads I mentioned. We recently brushed over tire wear in the fatbottom thread
Old 04-01-2013, 05:12 AM

you will not find wider wheels than 17x6.5 unless you step up to 22" or have a custom set made. i run a 12.5 tire both front and rear. in the back you need a 2.5 spacer so the tires dont rub. i didnt like the look on the front so i switched out to a standard 17x9 wheel and ditched the dually spacer. the aftermarket for dually wheels is slim
Old 04-06-2013, 05:53 PM
Premium Member

I'm lifting my truck 6in. And i have a custom front bumper so no rub there. And I'm ok with fender trimming. I was thinking something like a 38x10.50? That seem realistic with this set up? And I plan on spacers in rear. Thanks.

Sent from my VS930 4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 04-06-2013, 06:21 PM

Do they make a 38x10.50? Those would fit the narrow dually wheels. Slobra did a good job matching his wheels. While not perfect, damn near.

I was going to go with 17's but didn't have any luck finding a steelie for our bolt pattern. I'm just going with eagle 058's with 16x10 in front. A lot of people do not like that Alcoa kind of style but I do. I also wouldn't mine trying to find some 5 stars that match the oem, but I do not think I have seen any that match well.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:14 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Try rickison wheel manufacturing they make good 19.5 in rims and tiresa

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.