Getting your dually's w/22" to tuck?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 08:37 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Getting your dually's w/22" to tuck??

Would like to find out how or what is the most common way to get my 2000 F-350 DRW to tuck semi 22" wheels when I get them.
Would it be a SRW axle swap or wide dually fender conversion, and are the fenders nice and thick if you have these?
Thanks for any input or pics that you could provide!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2013, 12:33 PM

Anyone?? 59 views and not a single reply, I was really hoping to get at least one or two members that might have some input? Maybe when this post goes over 100 views? :-(
Old 02-12-2013, 01:04 PM

Good luck I am not sure but somebody will see this and reply.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeS View Post
Good luck I am not sure but somebody will see this and reply.
Thanks, Blake!

Just figured that if your gona run 22's it's going to be X amount of inches wider than your stock wheels, so how does or what does a dually owner do to deal with the xtra width??? Ford, Chevy or Dodge shaved semi wheels and adaptors add alot of width to our trucks. I just wanted an idea of what other owners have done to attain wheel and tire coverage.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:01 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

22's should fit....ya might have to put a leveling kit or a 4" lift kit ... Not exactely sure which will do the job...

Last edited by hdwindjammer; 02-20-2013 at 11:57 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:42 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hi 7.3 Havoc, I understand what your saying about the 22's sticking out. I have found that you can order the "tuck" adapters from American force, but you have to have the wheels milled down for them to fit as well. Now that's if you want to the wheel route.
....another option is to find some direct bolt on 22's that way you won't have to run the adapter---thus won't stick out as far.

As you stated in another reply, new rear fenders and something like a F450-up front fender flares would work too. For the rear fender you could check out here. LINK -> Fiberglass Ford Fenders, Truck Fiberglass Fenders and this place too.... Dually Fiberglass Fenders (Good service)

Hope that helps you out in your searching.

P.S. I'd take those 19's off your hands...but my truck is an 06 so that won't work.

Last edited by Quickerthanu; 02-15-2013 at 07:10 AM. Reason: added additional link for fenders
Old 02-15-2013, 06:04 AM

I'd take the 19.5 off you....and I second the 450 flares, no sure on rear
Old 02-15-2013, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannanw View Post
I'd take the 19.5 off you....and I second the 450 flares, no sure on rear
Dan, you just might be in luck as I will be posting these wheels and tire up for sale ASAP!!!! Or you can call me on my cell if you are interested, just PM me for my #.

These are Vision Hauler 181 series wheels, Direct bolt on 19.5 x 6.75 ( 8x170mm ) with Hurcules 225/70 19.5 G load rated 14 ply tires. I just purchased these 4 or 5 month's back and only have 3k or less on them. Set includes 4 alum wheels with caps, 32 locking chrome lug nuts, 2 steel inners and 6 tires, mounted and ballanced.

Last edited by 7.3 Havoc; 02-15-2013 at 09:41 AM.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:30 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
So, now that the 19's are on the market and 22's to be on the way, what are you doing for the rear fenders of your truck to "tuck" the 22's??
Old 02-20-2013, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickerthanu View Post
So, now that the 19's are on the market and 22's to be on the way, what are you doing for the rear fenders of your truck to "tuck" the 22's??
Going the wider fender route, and might possibly need to use them in conjuntion with the tuck adapter. Will need to wait and see how bad the offset will be once mounted on my truck. I know that I will not be buying "American Force Wheels". "323" or "Dima" as they are pricey and don't like their or anyones name on products or wheels for free advertisement. Also I was told the blanks come from India or BFE, I would rather buy a product from here. I'm good with Alcoa's milled & shaved down to 22's than an product from BFE with "American whatever" milled into it.

Last edited by 7.3 Havoc; 02-20-2013 at 09:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.