Wheel spacers. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2012, 05:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wheel spacers.

Hello, I am new around the dually scene and powerstroke for that matter. I have a 2003 F350 dually 4x4 and want to put larger tires on it. I can get some new 2 inch spacers for it for $180 but they do not have the lip like the hub centric spacers do. These fit on the truck, just need different lug nuts to make the center cap stay on. Should I buy these or hold out for the hub centric style? What is the difference? Tire wear issues? I did a search but came up still with no true comparison. Any help would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2012, 06:42 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Personally the only spacers i would run are the ones from wheeladapter.com They are hub centric and a very good quality. Last thing you want is your tire falling iff because of a non quality spacer. I run these and have never had a problem with my 37s.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

That is what I was leaning towards. Took the other ones back and will get the wheeeladapter ones.

Thanks
Old 06-21-2012, 08:23 AM

I was hoping to get the Hubcentric spacers but I was in a hurry to get the truck inspected and on the road so I ended up buying the cheap aluminum ones. Havent put many miles on them yet but they seem fine so far.Ibe been checking them regularily tho Im a little scared from all the negative reviews on here.
Old 06-22-2012, 03:33 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I second wheeladapters.com . Have a set on my 08 and had a set on my sold 06 dmax utility truck.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:41 PM

Feedback Score: 32 reviews
This thread is a few months old but are u guys running these spacers on front of your duallys or rear??? I would like to run spacers on front of my dually to run my f450 flares but not sure if its safe!!
Old 10-02-2012, 07:59 PM
COME ON...ONE TIME!!

Mudrunninpig runs a set in the rear and the front from Fred. His spacers are top notch. I have them on the rear and looking to do the front......wheeladapter.com is the only adapter I'd ever run......
Old 10-02-2012, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVAC SuperTech View Post
Mudrunninpig runs a set in the rear and the front from Fred. His spacers are top notch. I have them on the rear and looking to do the front......wheeladapter.com is the only adapter I'd ever run......
Well my only thing is that im running 10lug adapters already and when i called Fred he told me he didnt wanna sell me a set cus it wasnt safe :-(
Old 10-02-2012, 09:29 PM
My 6OH Hates Me

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennyv View Post
Well my only thing is that im running 10lug adapters already and when i called Fred he told me he didnt wanna sell me a set cus it wasnt safe :-(
running your set up would be really heavy going from 2" spacers to 10 lug adapters then those big wheels. I wouldn't want to chance it. I have had zero problems in 200k miles with freds spacers front and rear.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudrunninpig View Post
running your set up would be really heavy going from 2" spacers to 10 lug adapters then those big wheels. I wouldn't want to chance it. I have had zero problems in 200k miles with freds spacers front and rear.
Yup thats why i havent done it, ive had f450 front flares painted and ready to install for about 8months but gotta figure out wheel spacing issue first!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.