kelderman 4link rear airride - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2011, 02:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
kelderman 4link rear airride

hey guys just wondering if anyone is using one of the kelderman rear 4 links for there 350 or 450. i dont want to lift the truck just make it ride better and take heavier loads better. just got back in a 350 bout a month ago and would love for it to ride a little nicer since its my dd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2011, 12:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

installed the airbagit 4 link in my 350 (stay away from airbagit) and it does make the ride alot smoother. Was orig. looking at PMF's 4 link kit but this was a gift from my wife. Still working out a few leaks and the comp.**** the bed. So had to borrow one from my buddy. As a whole I would not do it again. It just seems like to many problems.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:02 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
My '06 F-450 has the Kelderman 4 link/4 bag rear suspension on it.
The original owner did the installation so I can't comment on how hard it was to install or the difference in the before and after ride.
I really like that the ride height remains the same whether it's empty or loaded down with 6000 lbs.
And I have no complaints about the ride quality.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:25 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Location: Quit Iraq, got a house in Tooele, Ut, Back in a big wrecker playing in traffic!
I have a kelderman on my 99, I got the 7-9 inch lift version. I love it, but it hasn't been totally trouble free, but I have to say all the problems are my fault, too.

I put got the manual kit, not the fancy one with the electronic ride height, and I put the solenoids under the bed, back by the axle. BIG mistake if you live where it goes below freezing, they get ice in them and don't work, or stick open and it goes up or drops as I drive down the road. Most of the problem is that the tank they provide does not have a drain fitting, just one port in each end, so there's no way to drain it. I ended up mounting it vertically in the bed (temporarily) so I can drain it once in a while. I also had to replace the pressure switch, it was under the bad, and the contacts corroded due to the mag chloride on the roads.
My plan, (when I get time) is to put on a commercial truck ride height valve, with a dump switch. I got one for a freightliner, with the bracket kit, it looks like a piece of cake to mount with almost no custom fabrication, as soon as I figure out how which hose goes where on it.
The kit itself was great, everything fit great, the parts are massive, ride is awesome. I've had 4000lbs of sand in the back, came off the scale at 13,900lbs. I think that was close to a max load, I was at 120 psi in the bags, but it rode level. They told me their kit is more for ride quality than to increase capacity, and you'll still be limited by tire capacity, wheel bearings and brakes from going much over that.

All in all, it was one of the best things I've done to the truck
Old 12-07-2011, 03:50 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

That is how I installed mine with a ride hieght valve. I only had a few problems with it when the truck goes through a ditch or once I hit a big bump in the road and the leveling arm flipped on me causing the valve to dump the air. I live in NY and this will be the first winter with the system. I mounted everything in the bed hoping there would not be to many problems.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:26 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yes, stay away from Airbagit.com. Run away.

I recently installed a Kelderman 2-bag rear system on my 08 F450 (which has one of the worst stock rides empty out there) and I've been pleased with the results. Effectively a 2-stage suspension now; air ride when not loaded and leaf springs when loaded.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:14 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
What exactly were the problems you were having with AirBagIt? I was looking at a front and rear stock to two inch lift full air suspension.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:37 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Well first this kit was bought oct 2010. Sent all parts out to get painted to match truck. Went to install the kit around Feb or March and it was built for a different rear end. At first they did not want to take the kit back due to me having the parts painted. Finally after going back and forth with them I had to pay shipping (again) to sent the wrong parts back and to get the new parts. They make the kits as per ordered so they waited to get the wrong kit back and check it out before manuf. the new kit. Oh yah forgot to say had my trucks suspension out of my truck, since took so long to get new kit had to reinstall it. Finally when I got the kit mid summer we threw all the hoses and fittings they sent out because they were ****. Finally installed, the compressor **** the bed. Since I had the compressor for more than a year , not under warrenty. Fought with them and again had to pay shipping only. It just seems when ever I get this thing working something breaks. The main reason I wanted the kit was to be able to rais and lower the truck from stock height. Been pretty cold haven't driven it since I put the rebuilt compressor in. Kinda afraid of getting stuck with it broken again.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:19 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I think it's basically that Airbaggit is a sales/volume driven organization, not really that quality focused. Their products look and sound good, but once you get them installed problems arise. My air engine is full of leaks at the connection points and valves. There's a leak somewhere in my system and I just can't seem to find it. Kelderman is much better engineered and made in the U.S. unlike the stuff Airbaggit sources out of China (everything). Just my opinion having used both. And Kelderman uses Accuair air management products which are vastly superior to Airbaggit stuff. Accuair only does air management and they do it very well.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:28 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

That is why I threw the fittings and hoses they sent and use dot app. fittings and hoses. I will say I had to use one of there fittings and yup that is the one leaking. Called them on it and they could care less, They got there $. Kelderman and PMF build quality systems and are willing to work with you. Hell Trevor from PMF came on and offered to help me out with the problems. I must say I would have bought the system from him but this was a birthday gift from my wife and she didn't know I was looking into PMF's kits.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.