2000 Ford F550 cab and chassis exhaust??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2011, 06:00 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2000 Ford F550 cab and chassis exhaust???

Hey

i recently got my dads truck from him... and it has a fontaine bed on it made for towing gooseneck horse trailers... i wanted to know if anyone knew of an exhaust system that would work with that... its a side exhaust comes out before the right rear tires. will a regular 7.3l exhaust work on it or do i need to get a custom exhaust for it? Kinda new to this diesel stuff.. i drive a 2009 jeep wrangler 4 door on the regular its lifted with 37s and coil overs.. no big deal... help me get my truck breathing better.. bought a edge evolution programmer and an are stage 2 intake with the pro guard 7 filter... do i need anything else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2011, 08:08 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to BennyLumpkin
Yeah send back the edge and get a DP Tuner for that 7.3.....Edge is hard on a trans. As long as its stock length similar to a long bed or short bed ext, reg, or crew cab it should be ok to use any exhaust system....if its a longer wheelbase just add pipe. There is a long straight piece in there to add to. A 7.3 F550 is a serious truck....I know I wouldnt wanna buy license for it. Tags for my F450 were 405.00 this year.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to BennyLumpkin
And you'll see under my mods I run an Edge but its only a Monitor.....instead of guages I use an Insight.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I will look into the DP Tuner.. and thanks for the response on the exhaust i actually just went to my offroad fabrication shop that does all the work on my jeep and they are making me a custom 4in straight pipe exhaust for the truck.

and I got an edge because thats what my buddy has and said it was really good.. but i don't need to have anything happen to my tranny.. thanks

anything i can do to the stock turbo to make it spool faster? or do i have to get a new one to make that happen?
Old 09-16-2011, 09:36 PM
Can you hear the derail??

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Tw has custom tunes as well they are awesome as well, and the edge will give you a hard shift after a while too, but I ran an edge on both my 97 p strokes gained prolly 4 mpg's hwy, for a faster spool you can get a new housing like a 1.0 houseing and possibly a wicked wheel, but those will raise your egt's, but it sounds like a sweet rig, if you ever decide to do.sticks your gonna want that stock turbo housing and pending on how big of sticks you may end up with a.bigger turbo
Old 09-17-2011, 03:25 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Make sure you grab some gauges! Go with TW tunes, DP tuner. or Ts chip.
what are you looking for exactly? I hope you got deep pockets. F550s arent cheap. and there pigs on fuel.

Look into turbo add ons like mentioned.
if your looking for More MPGs go with ECONemy tuning and Snow performance Watermethanol injection, that will lower EGTS for wwhen you upgrade the turbo and it will boost MPGs. You may wanna refresh the oils in the truck as well.
How many miles are on it? im guessing its a AUTO tranny right?
Old 09-17-2011, 04:27 PM

The buddy said Edge is good cause he's never had custom tunes. Beans, PHP, DP, Total Diesel Performance just to name a few. You tell them what the truck has, what you want it to do, and they write something just for you. Can't beat it.
To spool faster, you can add a smaller exhaust housing but you won't have as much top end power out of it. That air filter, free flowing exhaust, and chip should help ya a lot.
Old 09-17-2011, 05:31 PM

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
i know for the 6.0 cab and chassis the exhuast is alot different because of the rear axle being so big and the fuel tank is back there so the 4" is a tight fit in between the two. how much is the custom exhaust running ya?
Old 09-17-2011, 09:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95f350powerstroke5spd View Post
Make sure you grab some gauges! Go with TW tunes, DP tuner. or Ts chip.
what are you looking for exactly? I hope you got deep pockets. F550s arent cheap. and there pigs on fuel.

Look into turbo add ons like mentioned.
if your looking for More MPGs go with ECONemy tuning and Snow performance Watermethanol injection, that will lower EGTS for wwhen you upgrade the turbo and it will boost MPGs. You may wanna refresh the oils in the truck as well.
How many miles are on it? im guessing its a AUTO tranny right?
I'm looking for it to be a daily driver so better mpg's.. but also want to be able to tow my jeep around.. and then every once in a while be able to pull it and have fun with it doing all the things that 20 year olds do with their trucks...

truck has 90k miles on it.. and yeah its an auto tranny

already had all the oils changed in it, fuel filters, etc...
Old 09-17-2011, 09:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisH3 View Post
i know for the 6.0 cab and chassis the exhuast is alot different because of the rear axle being so big and the fuel tank is back there so the 4" is a tight fit in between the two. how much is the custom exhaust running ya?
yeah its got 2 transfer flow tanks in it main tank is 40 gallon and aux is 32 gallon.. really fun to fill up but it goes almost 1000 miles depending on how I'm driving...

the exhaust is probably gonna be around 350-400, might be cheaper since I'm doing it through the shop (Carolina Truggies) that has done all the work to my jeep.. and yes the rear axle is giant
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.