Traction/ladder suggestions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2011, 04:59 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Traction bar suggestions

The reason this is in HERE and not in "Suspension" is because IMHO a DRW has a little different traction requirement than a SRW because in most cases we have twice the contact patch.

After a pretty extensive search for ladder bars and traction bars I came to the conclusion that farmboyfab bars were the way to go...but then I find that Jesse is out of the game now so it's back to the drawing board.

I got a tune and a straight pipe friday, and ran by Scuffy's to have him program it and be my guide to NOT destroying my engine. I'm an engineer, so I'm technically minded and can figure crap out...but I'm also smart enough to know that the man who see's this every day might know a ALOT more than I ever thought about..... and since I live about 2 miles from his shop....I look to HIM for advice and what NOT to do.

After he programmed my truck I went for a drive and HOLY HELL what a difference!!! I'm afraid my lead foot coupled with this UNGODLY amount of power will straight up kill my driveshaft at some point.

However.....I'm not lifted, nor plan to be...and I'm good with +100hp. No drag racing (other than freakin that mustang out at the stoplight) and no damn way I'm sled'n it!

What do you guys recommend for traction/ladder bars since Jesse is out? Or are traction bars a moot point on a dually? I can't seem to find much info at ALL about them on duallys

Not looking for el'cheapo...but not looking for $900 bars either.

And keep in mind.....I can weld..but it's wire, and thin stuff only as I don't have a stick welder or a shop to fab in.

Any direction would be appreciated.

Last edited by CasterTroy; 08-10-2011 at 12:45 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.