Replacing all rotors & pads on my 06 4x4 dually.....instructions needed - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2011, 07:19 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Replacing all rotors & pads on my 06 4x4 dually.....instructions needed

Hi all,

This coming weekend I'm hoping to get time to replace the brakes on my 06 4x4 dually. I'm going with Hawk Pads(LTS), Russell SS lines, replace the brake fluid with new, and install 4 Autozone rotors due to they are somewhat cheap & have a 2 year warranty.

Can someone provide me with some instructions on how to do this job AND any special tools needed?

Thanks all in advance,
Andy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2011, 06:05 AM

Can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks!
Old 06-09-2011, 06:16 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
It's all pretty straight forward

have you ever done a brake job, if not there are some pretty good videos on youtube.

you will need away to bleed the brakes either a second person to pump them or one of these works good too, MV8020 Brake Bleeding Kit.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:18 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I know they are not cheap but I would recommend buying the rotors from Ford... Just dont see any reason to put $50 rotors on a $50,000 truck. As far as instructions two bolts hold the caliper on the cage. Take those off, hang caliper,two big bolts hold cage to knuckle, remove those then rotors will come off. Have to compress caliper pistons with something, chanel locks can do this. Replace pads and back together you go. Hard to write instructions but I hope it helps
Old 06-09-2011, 07:44 AM

Thanks all for the help, and I did check out some of the you tube videos. I did see that there my be a special 1/2" axle socket I need to get for the rears?

I've done brake jobs in the past on my cars and trucks, just was looking for some insight on tips/tricks and any special tools needed.

Keep in mind my truck is an 2006 so I know the brakes are a little different from years past.

Thanks again!
Old 06-13-2011, 08:13 AM

Update:

I did the fronts this past week and found that my Hawk pads didn't include new anti-rattle clips. I figured for spending that kinda $$$ on them they would atleast include those. Had to make another trip to AutoZone to get a set.

I haven't done the rears yet but I'm assuming they are the same deal with the anti-rattle clips? Is that special 1/2" axle socket needed as well to remove the rear rotors?

Thanks all!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.