Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

F450/F550 Owners

65K views 178 replies 52 participants last post by  nvrstuk 
#1 ·
Being that most people here have F250/F350 a thread is needed for us owners of real trucks to share info that might get lost in other threads. Most parts sites don't even have 450/550 options in the drop down box. Hopefully here we can share some hard won info. Any questions? Say hello and be subscribed.

#2 ·
Subscribing.

If i had a dollar for every time i heard "did you say 350 sir"

Reactions: Mush71
#4 ·
Thanks for the thread idea, Patriot.

King Ranch 350 owner who parked next to me at a gun show:

"Holy hell, what is a 550? ...and why am I not the biggest thing here?!?"

#7 · (Edited)
Subscribed. I love my truck but hate the fact that people trip out that its a 450. I traded my 01 F350 with 19.5's for my 08 they are both white. Some people dont even notice that I got a new truck and others make comments like "F450! why do you need a truck that big!" People are so stupid that I took pictures of both trucks parked in the same spot in my driveway just to show that it isnt any different than a F350. Also tired of it being called a "commercial vehicle". I got a price on a Ravelco anti-theft device and they want to charge me $50 more because its a 450. I told them that for install of a Ravelco my F450 is no different than a 250 or 350. They said it was there policy so I didnt buy one...

#10 ·
Zeibart did the same thing to me. All i wanted undercoated was the cab (regular cab at that) and the frame. Not the flatbed. And they wanted 125$ more then an f350 because mines an f550. I tried explaining that they dont have an entire box to do like a regular pickup. And i tried explaing that my truck is not physically bigger then any other. They didnt care. I left. And now i do it myself.

This thread should help with both. I have a cab and (16')chassis also. I think we'll find that most 450/550 are C&C, but pick up guys are welcome too.
Yeah, ive never seen anything but a C&C 450 or 550.
If there is any out there id love to see them. would be interesting.

Reactions: Patriot
#18 ·
Okay... I'll chime in.

An esteemed member of this forum once stated that ANY 6.0 could do a burnout. When I read the statement, I sort of turned my head to the side while looking at the screen like the RCA dog looking at the phonograph. IIRC, Patriot responded with "Hmmm..."

Now, I have not run any numbers, but can a stock 6.0 with 9000-10000lbs sitting on duallys really light them up? I tend to think, no. ...unless "them" is the u-joints.

I honestly don't know, though. ...and, as I said, no math has been done.

Thoughts?

#23 ·
park it against a concrete wall and go WOT it would light them up ;-) ...
I'm on it. Gonna put that 4.88 to work!

Reactions: ZMANN
#22 ·
I had to get a Spicer engineer on the phone to confirm my 2004 had a 110 and not the 135? that everyone including Yukons website said it was. Even the drive line shop I brought it to, to do the gear change, was telling me it was the 135. I persuaded them to call Yukon, and after much back and forth, and some pics texted, my research proved correct. My truck is a hodgepodge.

#26 ·
Anyone have a good place to buy fuel pickups in the tank? Fuel gauge is temper-mental and have figured out its the tank, not the cluster. Would like an aftermarket with bigger pickup lines....but they are all for midship tanks, not afts. I even called clay at riff raff and he didnt know of any.

#28 ·
Nope, was just trying to kill 2 birds with one stone. If im stuck OEM then thats what ill have to do

#29 ·
Stopped by a dealership for some parts info. Always a treat.

Sales guy: "Is that a 550?"
Me: "Yes."
Him: "I can get you in a 150 today. You'll get better gas mileage!"
Me: "Well, yeah, there's that..."

Reactions: SoBStevens
#31 ·
I was thinking that I'd ask if I could get a mower attachment for it.

Reactions: Patriot and j.mo