driveline vibration under acceleration above 60 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2014, 05:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
driveline vibration under acceleration above 60

ok here we go i have seen may posts about vibration but this 1 is kicking my a$$ new ujoints new carrier bearing also shimmed for the lift everthing looks and feels great but at 60 mph under accel there is a vibration in the seat and accelerator pedal that increases with speed not rpm *** soon as you lift off the go pedal vibrations gone its possible the shaft just needs balancing but not sure this is my second 6.0 and did not have this vibration in my 04 with twice the miles on it( please help !)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2014, 05:23 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I put new exhaust on mine, and didn't notice it was touching the trans cross member. The vibrations didn't really get noticeable until highway speeds; the faster I went, the worse it got. It felt like it was coming from under my seat. I would describe it as a metal to metal contact (obviously)..... hope this helps.
Old 06-16-2014, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jse51599 View Post
I put new exhaust on mine, and didn't notice it was touching the trans cross member. The vibrations didn't really get noticeable until highway speeds; the faster I went, the worse it got. It felt like it was coming from under my seat. I would describe it as a metal to metal contact (obviously)..... hope this helps.
Had the same exact problem. Took me forever to figure it out. Once I finally did that bolt on the crossbar almost burned thru my exhaust. Mine was in low rpm ranges though
Old 06-16-2014, 05:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

thats the first thing i checked i have mbrp turbo back system and its clear all the way back thats why this is been such a pain
Old 06-17-2014, 03:39 AM

How many miles are on your truck?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 06-17-2014, 05:37 AM

What size of lift? Cab and bed configuration?
Old 06-17-2014, 06:26 AM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
you lost me:

Quote:
increases with speed not rpm as soon as you lift off the go pedal vibrations gone
if it increases with speed, then when you lift off the pedal you are going the same speed... did you have that comment backwards?
Old 08-19-2014, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jse51599 View Post
Holy smokes. I've been chasing a similar issue myself. I noticed there is some slop in my exhaust after the cat delete, though it is properly mounted in all the hangers. At freeway speed I feel what can only be described as a thumping tap (not heavy, very light) that I feel through my left foot on the floor. I've checked the U joints and the drive shaft thinking it was there. For me the same thing, when I let off the gas it goes away until I get back to just cruising at freeway speed. I started to think it was the transmission since it only seems to happen in overdrive.

I will check the exhaust to see if it is hitting as well. Would take a HUGE load off my mind. I was waiting for my driveshaft to bounce off on a dark highway at night in the raging thunderstorm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.