Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Need alot of quick help truck stranded

3K views 36 replies 12 participants last post by  cchase 
#1 ·
okay, well after a long night of partying out at the farm, and im still alittle woosy.:tard: but i have a big problem. my truck got stuck in some mud, i went to put it in 4x4 and the tires wont spin anymore. it will go into drive but it wont go, the rpms go up but truck sits there, wont move in 4x4 niether.... please please help quick, i cant aford this!!!!

#2 ·
tranny is prolly shot?? that is my guess.:dunno:

#3 · (Edited)
its a new trans. alto power packs and what not.... it doesnt make any funny noises, or anything. and when it went the first time it was noticable just didnt quit... lost gears and such not everyhting... the over drive light is not flashing.

#4 ·
Did you get a new T/C when you got the new tranny?

Sounds like a T/C problem to me.

#5 ·
tripple disc billet.

#6 ·
Hmm, weird.

i dunno man:dunno: but here's a free :bump:. Hopefully someone will come along shortly to help you

#7 ·
Maybe the shifter cable(dunno if thats the exact "term") came loose from the trannsmission?

#8 ·
i wish. I checked that before i took off today, took it off and put it back on. also had a buddy watch it while i shifted, it worked.
thanks for the replys guys.

#9 ·
I'd take the truck back to whoever put the tranny and T/C in. Sounds like they screwed something up.

Fluid level good?

#11 ·
you said it wont work in 4X4 but did you try low? my t case went out but low is gear driven so it moved itself in low.

#12 ·
good idea. havent tried low. i will be going back out there later to give it a try. can you rebuild t cases? any idea on the cost.

yeah the guy put in the parts that i brought him, so i would hope he didnt eff anything up again. def. considering taking it back if i can trace it to that.

#13 ·
well i towed her home. Park wont hold the truck in place, and no gears work. so I am assuming t-case? anyway to check this, or diagrams to take it apart, how about rebuild kits?

#18 ·
Either the transmission is not going into gears because of a shifter cable problem. Or internal problem with the transmission.

Or the T-case is stuck in Neutral. I suggest you dissconnect the t-case shifting motor. Grab the rod that the motor operates. See if you can get the T-case to go into 4hi, 4low, or 2wd. If you get it in one of those selections. Then you may want to check out the t-case motor that shifts the t-case.

#14 ·
shameless bump, hoping to have some info for when i tear into her tomarrow.... rebuild kits? how to detremine its this? 4x4 low doesnt work.

#15 ·
Just a thought, could the t-case shift linkage be out of whack, or something popped out, and the t-case is in neutral??

#17 ·
I was thinking the same. And you did check the linkage to the tranny. The shifter key WAS moving? I was first thinking fluid, Maybe you got hung up on something and popped a line, But that would not effect holding the truck in park.:dunno:

:bump::bump:

#16 ·
I will admit to knowing nothing about this but you may try giving this guy a call.
Racer X Automotive I heard that he has some parts for these.

#19 ·
thanks everyone, I have the electronic transfercase, so how would i go about trying to **** it manualy? i really know nothing about them... never had a problem before.

also no fuild loss from the trans. and the shifter apears working and fine.

thanks everyone. i am probably going to tear into it today.

#21 ·
there is a motor that engages the 4wd options on the drivers side of the t-case, disconnect it and see if you can move the selector maunally, or at least have someone change the selector in the cab and watch/feel to see if it is working. Good luck

#22 ·
alright guys, i got an update. I manualy locked it in 4x4 and still no go. which brings us back to the trans. i talked to a friend of mine who owns a diesel shop and he said if the filter comes loose it could cuase this.. so i am going to drop the pan and see..

#23 ·
A loose filter would not affect holding in park. A broken input shaft, or other main spline in the tranny would. Not trying to get you down, that's just from my experience rebuilding them.

#24 ·
I'm assuming no driveshafts are broken?

#25 ·
no drive shafts are fine. welllllll im pretty sure my built tranny is a POS. dropped the pain before draining it because the drain plug is f-ed and found nail clipping size metal in it.

#26 ·
Ooooooh, ouch.... that SUCKS man..... (crying face would be good)

#27 ·
they need a face for throwing tools and phones, then shooting yourself in the head. thats the 2 i feel best describe how i feel

#28 ·
:( Uh OH!! That don't sound good.

#29 ·
we will find out in the next couple days, once i get it out and into the shop.. kind of have it pinpointed to a shaft or TC, park is holding. metal in fuild so either way its got to be taking apart and cleaned... so keep your fingers crossed with me..

#30 ·
is this as bad as your oops pic? or worse....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.