Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Power steering issue

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  nationfam 
#1 · (Edited)
I just replaced my power steering pump not a month ago. Today while driving I noticed it was getting hard to turn the wheel and the brake pedal got hard as hell also I could hear the hum of the power steering pump. I checked the inline power steering filter I installed when replacing the pump and it was clean. Steering still acted up and braking gave me hard pedal. Could my power steering cooler be plugged and this be causing the issue and not me having another pump going out already? I really hate to take all this crap apart to replace another damn pump again.....:confused:

#3 ·
Sadly you need another pump, I bought a rebuilt one for $40 without the resevior at Oriely's. Do not remove the high pressure line from the check valve on the side of the pump! I did and had to buy new nylon orings for the line only to find out that the seal inside the fitting on the high pressure line (pump end) was bad too. Not even the Ford dealers had another hose like mine....:dunno::dunno: So i had to pay a tech to cut the old fitting off and he gave me a fitting with a new oring and brass snap ring in it.:doh: and trust me I searched high and low and even called Ford Motor Company main parts number and they do not make the high pressure line with MY fittings anymore, not even a hydraulic shop could make me a hose...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.