P1670 code (replaced a fried PCM)
Truck won't run. Revs after a long hard crank then dies.
Long story short: Fried my PCM when my ts performance chip slide of the board, thus leaving a nice smell of crossed wires and melted plastic.
I replaced both the PCM and the IDM and now when I try and start the truck it revs up for one second and dies, enough to give me the P1670 code, which tells me the PCM isnt talking to the IDM.
Steps to mitigate the situation:
1. changed all the relays/ fuses
2. replaced the IDM/ PCM
3. check electrical continuity through all the relays (they are good)
4. The CPS has been replaced.
5. I can hear the fuel pump running for the 30 seconds or so when the key is in and on.
6. I also unplugged the plug on the back of the fuel bowl as a precaution to eliminate that being the problem, although no fuses are tripping....
Just before I fried the PCM, the truck was running really good. I have it scheduled to go to the stealership on Thursday (Day after tomorrow) but thought i'd do this incase some one can save me some cash. My only guess is there is a burned out wire or something between the PCM and the IDM.
2000 F250 PSD w/ california emissions
Last edited by Superstroke808; 02-14-2012 at 10:33 PM.
Reason: additional info