Caliper sticking - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2011, 02:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Caliper sticking

Hope you guys can help me on this, About two weeks ago my ABS light came on. no major issues other than the light being on so i just brushed it off now in the mean time I had my truck leveled, I put 35s on, and I also put brake dust shields on my wheels. A day after that work was done my Right front Caliper got stuck so I limped home aprox 1 mile and when i got out of my truck the brakes were Cherry red and smoking so I brought it to the dealership the next day. they said the ABS light was becasue of a bad wheel speed sensor so the replaced that under warenty and they said i needed brakes all the way around to the tune of $1980.00 My truck has 46k miles. I respectfully declined and the next day I did the front brakes myself, New rotors, calipers and pads. on both sides. I drove the truck for a day aprox 20 miles and all went fine the next day my Right front caliper got stuck again What gives?? Can anyone point me in the right Direction
Thanks Jim
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2011, 02:51 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to ToMang07
This might be a good place to start:
Welcome to guzzle's Front Caliper Slide Pin Upgrade Web

However, if it's definitely the caliper sticking, I would assume it's time for a rebuild or replacement. I had to replace all 4 of the calipers on my Subaru last summer.. PIA but got it done!
Old 07-04-2011, 03:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the Link Just a little background on my truck its a 2005 4x4 with 46000 miles. I just Replaced both front Left and right side calipers pads and rotors. and the right side got stuck just like before.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:25 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to ToMang07
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooFast View Post
Thanks for the Link Just a little background on my truck its a 2005 4x4 with 46000 miles. I just Replaced both front Left and right side calipers pads and rotors. and the right side got stuck just like before.
I guess what I was getting at is can you tell if it's the caliper pistons, or the slide? Were the brakes bled correctly? (Rear Right, Rear Left, Front Right, Front Left?)
Old 08-25-2011, 11:36 AM

Smile

sounds like to me you have a bad brake hose.the way to check it is get the brake hot and jack up the truck try turning the tire by hand if it doesnt move open the brake bleeder if the tire moves its the hose.thats only my opinion i could be wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.