Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Central Ohio
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need a few tips(4wd launch, etc)
A buddy and I went and scoped out a local drag strip lastnight. It's a decent strip, and only maybe 35 minutes away.
I want to maybe run my F250, make a pass or 2, and just see how it does. I know Blaine, the previous owner, ran it at the Indy Diesel Nationals, but he said it was sweltering hot there, and thought just cooler air temp MIGHT knock a little time off.
1. Its got the ttb suspension with Dana 50. The truck has 4.10 gears. Should I consider running it in 4wd for a better launch? I will make my first pass in 2wd a little light on the pedal, and see how it hooks first. The truck is on 285's. But.. if I cant hook well, would the Dana 50 be ok in 4hi?
2. What RPM should I try launching at? The truck is an auto. It has a QSSB turbo on it, should I focus on boost or RPM's during the launch?
3. The truck has "traction bars" on it. What I mean is that it has the tubing that can drop down and allow only about an inch of rear suspension travel. Should I drop those down and use only 1" of travel, or not bother and leave them up and out of the way?
4. After a run, should I leave the truck running, to cool the turbo down before I shut it off? I've heard alot of people talk about doing this with turbo engines, but I wasn't sure.
5. I've read threads that say not to expose the turbo to temps over 1200F for very long. I'm not real sure what temps I might reach at full fuel, but for a few quarter mile passes, about what temp might be ok to hit during the run?
97 F250 CCSB - Swamps 250's, WOP QSSB, H11's, IC'd, fresh Swamps tuning (January 2010), etc
Needs valve springs, fuel system, more air, Dana 60, and a BTS..
98 Ranger - Daily driver
96 F350 Crew Cab DRW Centurion(Dad's) - Downpipe, exhaust, and Tymar intake someday?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.