6th Annual Diesel Drag and Dyno day results - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Drag Talk/Racing Lets see them slips, How To's, FAQs

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2008, 08:18 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6th Annual Diesel Drag and Dyno day results

We headed out to the 6th Annual NC Diesel Drag and Dyno event here in Jacksonville. The dyno went on as scheduled despite the rain but the racing got delayed until today.

We still couldn't get close to full boost while on the dyno, Dmax's just seem to have a big problem with this without a big enough load.

Chris (our LBZ guy) put down 531hp and 940 ft-lbs on just a built trans, exhaust, lift pump and shimmed FPRV with my tuning. He got 24 PSI without using the brakes (he holds steady 32-34 down the track). Stock turbo, intake, downpipe, CP3, injectors, no drugs, ect. During the racing he took runner up in the Quick Diesel Class.

I put down 539hp and 907 ft-lbs with no drugs but got the operator to ride the brake and got it to 40PSI (I hold steady 47-48 down the track). I took first in the Quick Diesel Class.

Only saw one Ford out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2008, 03:27 AM
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD

I saw two 7.3 roll in. Both were sporting that Bully Pup Crap. Too bad nobody wanted to get on the rollers.

It was pretty cool to see a 1000 HP no drugs Dodge blowing cooler boots off at 115 psi.

Last edited by POWERED SPARKLESS; 10-13-2008 at 03:33 AM.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:46 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERED SPARKLESS View Post
I saw two 7.3 roll in. Both were sporting that Bully Pup Crap. Too bad nobody wanted to get on the rollers.

It was pretty cool to see a 1000 HP no drugs Dodge blowing cooler boots off at 115 psi.
115 psi holy s$%^
Old 10-13-2008, 03:50 PM
The Fat Mod

Nice numbers dustin. Maybe you can find a dyno that you can really load some day.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:41 PM

Wayne said I could come back on a day that's not busy and play around. He said 5th gear seems to do better on the Chevy's cause it will load them up a little more than 4th and help get full boost. I have some new headers and up-pipes on the way to test so I am going to take Wayne up on his offer to get a before and after on the same engine and trans tune. I am also making a trans tune to get to 5th quickly and stay there no matter what and I will load that and make some engine tuning changes to see what I can get out of it with the headers and up-pipes. Hoping to see 600hp next time I am there - on stock internals and head bolts, no drugs.

Last edited by OTHRGRL; 10-14-2008 at 09:57 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:54 PM
The Lady Mod

Send a message via Yahoo to Granny
I like "no drugs" numbers! LOL Awesome numbers Dustin. I would love to see 600 Hp out of it, even if it is a Dirty Max! LOL
Old 10-15-2008, 12:42 PM

I think you should get yours back on a dyno granny. The HP to torque just doesn't match up. Fry the back brakes, load the turbo and let her rip from a low RPM. There was a dodge with over 1000hp with no drugs at this event. As well as a 700+hp dodge on fuel only.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.