So what are my chances - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Drag Talk/Racing Lets see them slips, How To's, FAQs

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2006, 03:48 PM
Resident Tire Smoker

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
So what are my chances

A guy wants to race me with his lightning.. His truck is all stock except for a borla cat back and mine has the mods in my sig. What are my chances of winning.. I am pretty sure these trucks are solid low 14 to high 13 sec trucks.. Can my PS hang with this.. Oh and I would be running the Xtreme street program. This guy has been running his mouth and I would love to shut him up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2006, 03:56 PM
im fat and ugly

never know till ya try,
hammer down!!!!
Old 10-06-2006, 04:07 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Send a message via Yahoo to gbear
re: go for it

If it was me I'd say go for it. Even if you get beat, it was a Ford Truck that did it. There can be no honor lost. What year model Lightning is it?

Jim
Old 10-06-2006, 04:12 PM
im fat and ugly

ya know what if you race him and he wins:
its not gonna be by much
there is no shame
yur drivin an 8000lb truck designed to pull down a house
hes drivin a truck designed to race
you will gain his respect no matter what the outcome.

from what i here about the extreme tuned sct sheeeoot, youll eat him up
Old 10-06-2006, 06:12 PM
lukecline

i dunno, i think your gonna be in trouble especially if he can hook it up off the line. With a street extreme and your weight of truck id bet your gonna be low 14's at best.... add nitrous and his chances go down by alot!
Old 10-06-2006, 06:49 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to slammedSI Send a message via MSN to slammedSI Send a message via Yahoo to slammedSI
I highly doubt that your gunna get him, 03's run 13.8's and with slicks and a good driver could make 13.5, 13.4. With the mods you have i really dont think you will have a chance. And as lukecline said if he gets traction off the line, your tost. But i would do it. Even if he gets you, its still a ford and your in a truck that weighs 2 times more then his.
Old 10-06-2006, 11:30 PM

The best shot you have is to let a friend drive your truck.....One who wont be scared to break it!

If you insist, then you better drive it, like you have no care in the world about breaking it. You will need to launch in 4WD-HI.

Then do the following:

Try to stage 1st, if the light guy makes him stage 1st, go ahead and pre-stage, thats the 1st of the 2-staging lights. Then let him completely stage! This is a must. Let him be set and ready.

Then start your launch sequence, hard on the brakes and start to build RPM & BOOST. Know where your truck will start to push. As it starts to push, finish staging, a couple seconds after the 2nd staging light comes on the tree will begin to drop.

When that last yellow on the tree lights......you better release the brake and let The Big Dog Eat!!!

While keeping the truck straight, a priority, knock it back into 2WD. There's a good chance it isnt going to disengage due to the heavy load on the drivetrain, but give it a whirl anyway.

Oh and lastly, put your hand over the EGT gauge, this is a race man...EGTs arent important. Youll be hot for only a few seconds.

Let us know how it goes.

beepbeepbeepbeep...I have the itch to run my truck now. Its been forever since I have looked down the 1320'.
Old 10-07-2006, 04:03 AM
<<---"Shadow"---

Send a message via Yahoo to sea71
Just curious, What is the recommended max speed for 4hi? I dont know and from past non ford trucks, it was like 50 mph max.
Old 10-07-2006, 05:49 AM
Gun Nut

Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
I had a run in with a Lightening awhile back - I thought he was a F-150....I found out REALLY quick I was wrong. He was VERY quick but he had to have been stock because we had one HELL-UV-A run. I didn't beat him but he didn't beat me either - oh but we were already moving and he was behind me so leaving from a dead stop it's hard to say what would have happened.

The Beauty and my Beast.....
Old 10-07-2006, 07:37 AM
Resident Tire Smoker

Well I do know how to stage and race my truck but this will be on a lonely back road..(Did I admit to that...LOL) So the lightining will be on stock tires and I will run it in 4-HI. There is a place that alot of people go to street race that is way off in the country.. What I am hopeing for is he won't get traction and that will be his defeat. Plus the guy just got his truck, so he prolly isn't real familar with it yet..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.