Don't any manual strokers hit the track? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Drag Talk/Racing Lets see them slips, How To's, FAQs

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2011, 09:41 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Don't any manual strokers hit the track?

I check in here and snoop around looking to see if I can find any handshakers gettin' after it at the track, but y'all are either hard to find or borderline non-existent.
Where ya at?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2011, 11:34 AM

That many huh LMAO!
Old 06-05-2011, 11:38 AM
The Silent Service

Yeah, not too many manuals on the 1/4 mile. They just aren't as fast as the automatics with a boosted launch. You see them at the sled pulls, but very few on the asphalt.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:31 PM

I've thought about it, but the Ford ZF6 just isn't a fast shifting trans. Its as strong as all get out but slow. Doesn't bother me thought didn't buy the truck for the strip.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Addict View Post
I've thought about it, but the Ford ZF6 just isn't a fast shifting trans. Its as strong as all get out but slow. Doesn't bother me thought didn't buy the truck for the strip.
Neither did I, but I didn't let that stop me
Old 06-05-2011, 01:14 PM

i have thought about it also but the trucks just too slow off the line unless you just freaking dump the clutch in third gear lol, and i dont feel like breaking anything. i love my 6 spd though
Old 06-05-2011, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by at0075 View Post
i have thought about it also but the trucks just too slow off the line unless you just freaking dump the clutch in third gear lol, and i dont feel like breaking anything. i love my 6 spd though
Try the 3pedal shuffle some time. I used to dump the clutch, but though it launches HARD it's a good way to see exactly how strong your transmission is........or isn't

Heel on the brake toe on the accelerator, give it some throttle, slowly let up on the clutch pedal, watch the boost gauge, hits 10-15 psi come up off both the clutch and brake while laying into the throttle, as long as you have a decent clutch it'll shoot outta the hole pretty dang well.

Old 06-05-2011, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaholic View Post
Try the 3pedal shuffle some time. I used to dump the clutch, but though it launches HARD it's a good way to see exactly how strong your transmission is........or isn't

Heel on the brake toe on the accelerator, give it some throttle, slowly let up on the clutch pedal, watch the boost gauge, hits 10-15 psi come up off both the clutch and brake while laying into the throttle, as long as you have a decent clutch it'll shoot outta the hole pretty dang well.

YouTube - ‪05' Cummins nv5600 13.104@104.66‬‏

YouTube - ‪05' Cummins nv5600 13.061@104.83‬&rlm

YouTube - ‪05' Cummins nv5600 13.091@104.77‬‏

Do you do that in first???? I've wondered if thay woukd work just never tried it
Old 06-05-2011, 08:35 PM

I start in second. It works real good. If a guy didn't have a dual or triple disc clutch, he'd want to be real careful not to burn up his single. Just don't want to heat them up too much. I've tried 3rd but didn't have enough clutch to hold it. First in the NV5600 (6 speed) is basically a granny gear. I shift out of 2nd before the '60 mark.

Some of you guys should give it a shot! Unless you have a drag car or something then of course it would be pointless. First run down the track ever for me I lined up against a brand new say 09' GT mustang........blew his doors off, I was hooked!

Speaking of hooking I've yet to give the sled a shot. Doesn't seem like it will be as fun waiting all day to hook once when compared to making 10 runs at the track. I still want to try it though.

I've really only seen like 2 guys posting about racing their manual Fords! You go over to Cummins Forum and there is a thread with quite a few manuals posting their times.

Last edited by Sandaholic; 06-05-2011 at 08:41 PM.
Old 06-05-2011, 08:39 PM
spool up that turbo!!

yeah once i get my south bend im gonna go give PIR a whirl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.