Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1/8 th mile times

3K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  TYREBOYS_DEMAXIN 
#1 ·
I went to the track this afternoon and ran 3, 9.44 at 75 and 1, 9.38 at 76 mph. I have the SCT and exhaust. With just my old BullyDog and stock exhaust I could run a 9.5 1/8th. I'm wondering if I need to get custom tunes or maybe get a muffler, or even maybe a bigger down pipe (check my sig for exhaust specs.). I can launch my truck from the starting line at 1200rpm and not spin, but if I try a little more rpm at about 1500 rpm I spin most of the way down the track. Should I do exhaust work? Get custom tunes? Maybe a different air intake? Give me some info. Thanks Jason

#2 ·
nobody , nothing, come on fellas where ya'll at

#4 ·
If I could get my truck to run a high 8 I would be happy. I seriously don't think that's out of the question. I hope with maybe custom tunes it will happen.

#6 ·
The first place you need to start is improving traction. If you can't launch about 1200 rpm then more potent tunes are not going help much. I bet if you could hook it up for a better launch you would already be at 13.9x.

A stronger tune is only going to force more wheel spin and possibly even break you loose on the second gear shift. Jaswright has a nice video showing what happens with custom tunes. I think his wipeout even occurred on the third gear shift!

#7 ·
I totally agree, but, I only go to the track a few times a year when I feel like killin ricers and spending the extra money on 2 wheels and 2 slicks is sorta not in my range, well it could be but I could find better stuff to spend my money on that I would use more. 99% of the time at the track it spins both of the tires. Would I see a difference with a air intake? Maybe a muffler to create a little back pressure? ????????????

#8 ·
Jason,
You might want to try to add some weight to the bed, from your fifth wheel hitch to your wheel wells. Other then that add an intake like a banks, locker and go hunting for ricers

#10 ·
i would suggest finding a set of some 16" rims and putting a set of drag radials or slicks and swap them in when you go to the track..with that alone i'd bet you would see a high 8

#13 ·
if you want more traction with the tires you have,take some bleach and pour it over your drive tires about a 1/2 hour before the event,it will make them stickier for better traction but it will cut down on tread life..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.