Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

drag slips

33K views 93 replies 56 participants last post by  Phillip123 
#1 ·
lets see those drag slips from the track. post em here so we can compare mod to times

#68 ·
Nicely done, but when did you get a reg cab long box? I thought yours was a crew.

#71 ·
What was the missing sound at about the 100' mark? I think it was during your 1-2 shift. I've had that same issue before with a certain tuner's race file and never could get rid of it, and that was on a basically stock truck with a fuel system.

#72 ·
lol it does it on two of the shifts. trans was slipping a little. i sent eric a video and he said he can fix it no problem. on my orange truck i had to have him send me a firm tune. trans never skipped a beat. this tune was last minute and a different strategy truck so i decided to try it out. should have firmed it up :doh:.

#74 ·
Update:

60' ... 1.719
330 ... 5.235
1/8 ... 8.199
MPH ... 82.93
1000 ... 10.780
1/4 ... 12.966
MPH ... 102.99

#75 ·
Hey all. Here's my first outing with the new 6.0L.

Truck Specs:
2004 6.0L, Single Cab, Long Bed, 2WD
3.73 Gear, Open Differential, Stock Tires
Stock Injectors, Stock Airbox, Stock Exhaust (including Cat. Conv.)
NO Nitrous or Water Meth

Timeslip:
(click image to enlarge)

Datalog of run:
Drag 3 - 2011_06_17.xls

I know this certainly is NOT the fastest truck out there, but I think it's a pretty good start. Now to just get some traction and reaction.

Enjoy!

#77 ·
my best pass in my 2006 6.0L

1.785 60'
5.383 330'
8.471 @ 79.03 600'
11.168 1000'
13.459 @ 98.29 1320'

truck is a supercab short bed 06 4x4 with factory 20s @ 7300lbs. mods are arp studs, 03 turbo, blocked egr cooler, mbrp cool duals turbo back & innovatives extreme race file. it runs 13.50s and 13.40s pretty consistently.

#79 ·
I ran 10.065 @ 66.52 last night on stock sticks (with 190,000 on them) and stock style turbo @ 8100lbs with 35's and 3.73's. Thanks DP-Tuner!!!

#80 ·
I finally broke down and bought an sct with eric's anarchy race tune and I did not like the lag before it comes on strong compared to the instant power of the hypertech ptm but after going to our local street drags on the 4 of July, I am now a believer.

last race 9.66 at 71.1mph

now 8.825 at 74.9mph

spinning all four at launch and weighing in at 8150lbs with me in it.

#81 ·
The drag race season is sneaking up on us.
Me personally I hope to be one of the first to run the 1/8 mile in Walla Walla Washington's Bonanza Race Way this year to see what the old Ford will do.
Will let you Know.

#83 ·
Our 6.7 triple turbo truck went 10.33@132 on fuel this weekend. I'll get the pic of the slip

#87 · (Edited)
1997 F250 ext. cab long bed 4x4
Weight - 6700-6800
250cc 100% hybrids
T500 HPOP
Swamps IDM
Built trans.
325/65r18 Toyo AT 2s
3.55 gears
Stock rebuilt turbo with EBV delete and WW2
Stock mechanical lift pump (biggest limiting factor)
est. rwhp according to 1/4 time is 415-425rwhp
Was only able to run on the street tune, as theres not enough fuel pressure to run the strip tune.
Defiantly more in the truck as is, didnt beat on it to much as i had to drive it home. Ran the truck in 4 high, launching at 1600-1700 rpm. Plan is to go back with e-fuel, run it on the strip tune, remove class 5 hitch and subwoofer, launch around 2000-2200 and go for real low 13s (goal is to beat the fastest stock turbo OBS 7.3 which is a 13.2). Truck ran a 13.80 at 96.5 mph, was about 80-85 degrees out, track was not prepped.

#89 ·
It was my first time at the track with the truck so i was trying to pay attention to building boost and watching the tree at the same time :rofl: then they changed it to the quicker pro tree which threw me off a bit. That 13.8 run was my last run when i just started to dial in the truck. Mid 13s defiantly would have happened with another pass or two. What i find funny is people always ask why are you trying to make a old 6800 pound diesel go fast? And my response is... to piss off all the sports car guys :haha: I had two Z28 camaros and loved them, but there v8, light sports cars and people expect them to be fast. But when they pull up next to a big ole square looking piece of metal its the last thing they will think can get up and go!

#90 ·
Text Receipt Material property Font Ticket
I'm on the left.
All mods in sig except I ran it on Gearhead's hot street tune.

#92 ·
Took the truck to the strip today. This is the first time in my life I've ever been to a professional track to race. :surprise:

First run the track put me up by myself as I guess they wanted to see what the truck would do. Didn't know how the track worked so I let out of it before I passed the time towers (I had seen other guys doing this) resulting in a 14.3. I get back to the pits and my buddy is asking me what I was doing - "Why did you let out?" I told him because I saw other guys doing it. He's like "NO! Keep it buried. We're not going home till you hit 14 flat"

Second race I ran against him in his Civic sedan. Improved my reaction time and ran a 13.9. He lost his mind.

Third race I got stacked up against a '70 Mustang notch with a 460 under the hood. Dropped my reaction even further a caught him off the line but then he walked me out by the 300 mark. Result? 13.86. Get back to the pits and my buddy was losing his mind again.

Last round I was put against a Civic coupe. He had trouble staging - lights lit and I was gone. Come to find out he launched bad and had trouble the rest of the way. This race was my best R/T of the day, but was also a slower run.

It was in the 50's here today in NW Jersey. I swung wide each time and lined myself up on the right side. This is so I wouldn't smoke out the track crew or another racer. I was launching at around 10PSI loaded in 4WD. This truck has no traction at all in 2 wheel.

Truck is an '04 SuperCab 4x4. Mods are not much - 4" straight pipe, Sinister CAC pipes and intake elbow, EGR delete, and a Gearhead SRL tune.

#93 ·
:thumb: great job.

Best I ever ran my 6.0 was 14 flat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.