stacking diablo with dp? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
DP-Tuner DP Tuner

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2009, 07:09 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
stacking diablo with dp?

No, I don't want to stack my chip with the diablo sport. I have some transmission warranty issues and they are trying to blame my DP chip. They say the DP does not increase the line pressure and therefore causes it to slip when on the high HP settings. I don't know for sure if it does or not I'm just trying to get my lawsuit underway and now that they have brought this up I have to counter it with something.

So my idea is to set my DP to stock (setting #1) and then upload my old diablo and see if the trans does the same thing. I want to make sure I can do this before I try and screw it up.

This has been a year long cluster fudge and I would greatly appreciate any advice I could get.
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2009, 07:16 PM
COME ON...ONE TIME!!

If I am thinking correctly, if you load the diablo, then run the DP on the stock setting, it should "see" the diablo programing. But, now that i think of it, IF Jody actually saved the stock programming to the DP chip, then it wont matter what you have as a programmer, the Chip is gonna overwrite the settings back to stock.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:16 PM

why dont you email jody and ask what the tune does to the transmission pressure in the lines?
Old 04-16-2009, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVAC SuperTech View Post
If I am thinking correctly, if you load the diablo, then run the DP on the stock setting, it should "see" the diablo programing. But, now that i think of it, IF Jody actually saved the stock programming to the DP chip, then it wont matter what you have as a programmer, the Chip is gonna overwrite the settings back to stock.
Yea I've been thinking the same thing. I guess I can just take it out completely but I was trying to avoid that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDye01 View Post
why dont you email jody and ask what the tune does to the transmission pressure in the lines?
I did. I just got my truck back for the 8th time this afternoon and it's still fudged up. They don't reply to emails on Fridays that I am aware of so I will have to wait till next week. I need to get this figured out ASAP before they have the chance to say that I screwed it up driving around with a bad chip.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:24 PM

Why don't you just pull the chip out of the PCM then load the diablo?
Old 04-16-2009, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005F250 View Post
Why don't you just pull the chip out of the PCM then load the diablo?
Just trying to avoid it if I can. My forearms are pretty big and I have a hard time getting to the computer harness bolt. If I end up taking it out this time I'm modifying the cover to keep from having to do this again.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:44 PM

I'm pretty sure Jody is out of the office right now doing some testing somewhere else, that's why hes not getting back to you. I got an auto reply from him saying that when I emailed him a few days ago
Old 04-16-2009, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk3322 View Post
I'm pretty sure Jody is out of the office right now doing some testing somewhere else, that's why hes not getting back to you. I got an auto reply from him saying that when I emailed him a few days ago
Yea they were out of town for a couple of days and also I think it's normal operating procedure to concentrate on development/testing on fridays.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Symbols,

On a stock tranny Jody has to do certain changes to the pressures so at Higher Hp levels you don't kill your trans. On a built trans it depends on how they built it as to what he does in the tuning. Did you tell Jody when you ordered you had a built trans? Although Jody is out of town I would like to pull your info and I will ask him the next time he calls what he thinks could be the problem. Please email me at sales@dp-tuner.com with your name and I'll look it up for Jody. I'll get back to you as soon as I know something.

To anwser your other question you can't put your chip back to the stock setting and then use the Diablo downloader. The chip will take over what is programmed to the PCM.

Diane
Old 04-17-2009, 05:14 AM

Thank you Diane. Email sent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.