Im not sure if this is the right place. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
DP-Tuner DP Tuner

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2012, 07:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Im not sure if this is the right place.

Like the title says im not sure if this is the right place or not. But i go on anyway. I just bought an 01 f250, with a dp tuner installed. Not sure if its an f5 or f6. I know it goes from 1-5, but have no clue which number is for what setting. So what im trying to ask is what are the numbers for as in, towing, fuel mileage...etc. In reality i have no frickin clue what they are or what they do, have tried to do as much reasearch as possible. Came up with nothing so here i am! Are the numbers preset or a specific made to order tune. Once again what do the numbers refer to? And if i posted this in the wrong section im terribly sorry im pretty new to the forum. So please help me out here!

Thanks, Jake
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2012, 10:04 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Your going to have to call DP to find out. Any tune can be placed in any position. The difference between the F5 and F6 is the F6 has a USB port so you can write the tunes without having to send the chip in. You could pull the chip to find out which it is and there might be a SN or something to identify it for when you call DP to find out about the tunes. If you do pull it, make sure your key is not in the truck or you will fry stuff.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

OK thanks...ill give em a call
Old 08-03-2012, 01:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Called them this morning, left a message and haven't heard anything back.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiemonster View Post
Like the title says im not sure if this is the right place or not. But i go on anyway. I just bought an 01 f250, with a dp tuner installed. Not sure if its an f5 or f6. I know it goes from 1-5, but have no clue which number is for what setting. So what im trying to ask is what are the numbers for as in, towing, fuel mileage...etc. In reality i have no frickin clue what they are or what they do, have tried to do as much reasearch as possible. Came up with nothing so here i am! Are the numbers preset or a specific made to order tune. Once again what do the numbers refer to? And if i posted this in the wrong section im terribly sorry im pretty new to the forum. So please help me out here!

Thanks, Jake
Jake,

Monday is our busiest day. If we don't get back to you the same day it will be the next day. We have returned calls today only to have to leave messages as well. Playing phone tag is a common thing around here. Email can sometimes be a better way to ask questions on busy phone days.

That said, we will need to know the previous owners name or have in invoice number to tell you what is on the chip. Otherwise you will need to send it in to be read. You can email us or submit a helpdesk ticket and one of us will look it up for you.

Diane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.