Just got my DP Tuner - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
DP-Tuner DP Tuner

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2010, 08:26 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just got my DP Tuner

Ok so I installed my dp tuner yesterday. My truck has a afe stage 2 intake. 4 inch down pipe all the way. and I have a Beans Diesel upgraded IDM. They said that they might need to tune the chip down cause of the IDM and they said jodi would know what to do. When i have it on 140 i really dont get any smoke when i take off. but if i hit the brake and the gas i get good black puffs. the truck seems kinda jumpy also. is this normal or do you think cause of my upgraded IDM and the Chip on high settings together cause this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2010, 09:51 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by peyton7522 View Post
Ok so I installed my dp tuner yesterday. My truck has a afe stage 2 intake. 4 inch down pipe all the way. and I have a Beans Diesel upgraded IDM. They said that they might need to tune the chip down cause of the IDM and they said jodi would know what to do. When i have it on 140 i really dont get any smoke when i take off. but if i hit the brake and the gas i get good black puffs. the truck seems kinda jumpy also. is this normal or do you think cause of my upgraded IDM and the Chip on high settings together cause this.

Never heard of special tuning for a modded IDM. All its doing is boosting the voltage so the injectors fire quicker. Unless there's something Jody's not aware of, he would not need to tune for it. Modded IDM's have been around since the early Y2K days and there's no known special tuning for them. Jody has a modded IDM and he didn't do anything special due to it being modded.

Now, if you have modded injectors he will need to retune the chip for the injectors.

Diane
Old 07-25-2010, 11:47 AM

I must have misunderstood the person i talked to when i called the other day. Thank you
Old 03-20-2012, 11:12 AM

DO NOT BUY A DP TUNER IF THE MAKE A MISTAKE AND SEND YOU THE WRONG CHIP AND IT BLOWS UP YOU PCM THEY WILL NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILTY FOR IT. I HANE A LETTER FROM THEM STATING THEY SENT ME THE WRONG CHIP. I GAVE THEM ALL THE INFO ON THE PURCHASE OF A NEW PCM, REPROG OF PCM, AND SHIPPING THEY ONLY PAID FOR THE SHIPPING AND THE REPROG NOT THE COST OF PCC. i SPOKE WITH JODY HE TOLD ME IT WAS MY FAULT AND FORDS FAULT THAT THE PCM GOT BLOWN. IT NEVER WOULD HAVE BEEN AT FORD IF THEY WOULD HAVE SENT THE RIGHT CHIP IN THE BEGINING
Old 03-20-2012, 12:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANNY HEBERT View Post
DO NOT BUY A DP TUNER IF THE MAKE A MISTAKE AND SEND YOU THE WRONG CHIP AND IT BLOWS UP YOU PCM THEY WILL NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILTY FOR IT. I HANE A LETTER FROM THEM STATING THEY SENT ME THE WRONG CHIP. I GAVE THEM ALL THE INFO ON THE PURCHASE OF A NEW PCM, REPROG OF PCM, AND SHIPPING THEY ONLY PAID FOR THE SHIPPING AND THE REPROG NOT THE COST OF PCC. i SPOKE WITH JODY HE TOLD ME IT WAS MY FAULT AND FORDS FAULT THAT THE PCM GOT BLOWN. IT NEVER WOULD HAVE BEEN AT FORD IF THEY WOULD HAVE SENT THE RIGHT CHIP IN THE BEGINING
PCM's do not die with the wrong programming on the chip. We sent you a F6 instead of the F5 and we did call you to tell you what happened. I asked you to send me the receipts to review. Yes I felt we owed you some compensation for our mix up and what you were sent was a fair assessment for your troubles.

During your conversation with Jody prior to mine you stated you pulled the chip off while the keys were in the ignition and he remembered that statement. That does not have anything to do with the mistake we made. I have already sent you a check to compensate you for the part we feel was fair. We did only because I held to my word to help you in any way we could. I did not ever state we would pay for 2 PCM's. That is why I wanted the receipts first to review them.

Nonetheless, you have brought this to the forums to try and hurt our reputation in spite of us offering to refund you for your chip purchase.(although it is far beyond our normal time frame.

We've been doing this for almost a decade and everyone on the forums knows how you can damage a PCM. What you are saying caused the failure is not possible.

Just so you know we have to get an RMA from our supplier on the gauges so it takes a few days to get it.

You have voiced your distaste and it is noted.

Thank you

Diane

Last edited by SeeYa; 03-20-2012 at 12:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.