Need a quote - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
DP-Tuner DP Tuner

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2010, 05:05 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need a quote

I have a 99 7.3 diesel . I am looking to get some dp tunes , I have a ts 6 position chip tuned by swamps diesel. The problem is , it has a corupted file. When i run it . It throws the check engine light and i lose throttle response. Everybody is saying to go with dp tunes . I am looking for horse , torque , and smoke. I actually want to enjoy driving my truck. Can u guys reburn a ts chip. If not how much is a new chip with your recomended settings gonna cost me. Thx for ur time guys
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2010, 05:08 PM

We will not reburn other manufactures chips.
....I think i answered my first question...
Old 03-01-2010, 07:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I got a dp tuner F5 chip a few months ago and jody and james(tech guy) were and have been more than helpful with issues ive had that related to chip. I would say for the help ive got it was worth the money i spent on the chip alone. Jody is a busy guy, just shot them a email and wait for a reply or call the number on thier page and wait. I always got a reply via phone or email within a day that answered my questions.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:56 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by treeshooter View Post
I have a 99 7.3 diesel . I am looking to get some dp tunes , I have a ts 6 position chip tuned by swamps diesel. The problem is , it has a corupted file. When i run it . It throws the check engine light and i lose throttle response. Everybody is saying to go with dp tunes . I am looking for horse , torque , and smoke. I actually want to enjoy driving my truck. Can u guys reburn a ts chip. If not how much is a new chip with your recomended settings gonna cost me. Thx for ur time guys
Hi Treeshooter,

Let's first address what is happening when your are in the tune you are using and the SES light comes on and your truck looses power. What is happening will happen with any tuner if... 1) the tune is not set for it to not happen. 2) you don't have an Overboost Annihilator kit installed in the MAP line to prevent the OB sensor from being triggered.. What you are experiencing is Overboost. What you experienced is the ill effect. It's nothing to worry about and the files you have from Swamps are not corrupted. This is just how it is unless something is done to prevent it.

If you want a quote I'll be glad to give you one, but I am not allowed to post pricing in the forums. Our website will give a quick quote if you are interested in our product.

Many thanks,

Diane
Old 03-02-2010, 04:00 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollyon9515 View Post
I got a dp tuner F5 chip a few months ago and jody and james(tech guy) were and have been more than helpful with issues ive had that related to chip. I would say for the help ive got it was worth the money i spent on the chip alone. Jody is a busy guy, just shot them a email and wait for a reply or call the number on thier page and wait. I always got a reply via phone or email within a day that answered my questions.
Thank you for your post and it's great to hear Jody and James were able to get you taken care of.

Diane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.