Questions about tunes - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
DP-Tuner DP Tuner

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2009, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Questions about tunes

I bought my F5 chip from you all about 2 years ago. I love it but want to get a couple of new tunes and maybe get some tweaked. As of now I have 60 tow, 80 econ, 120 race and 140 smoke.

I'd like to get something done to the shift points on the tow tune, it wants to shift into OD at 40 mph and not want to come back out unless you really mash on it which, in turn, runs the egt's up. I'd like to get the drive thru tune added, the 1200 rpm non ebpv hi idle and the decel tune. I have a couple of questions about the hi idle tune and the decel tune. On the hi idle tune, if I remote start my truck with it on that tune, will it immediately idle up to 1200 rpm or does it run for a second and then idle up? Also, if it's cold, will the ebpv still close when it's cold or is it turned off completely? On the decel tune, does it make the trans shift down sooner and the converter lock in addition to closing the ebpv? Lastly, how much would it cost to re-burn my chip with the above settings? Sorry for playing 20 questions
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2009, 11:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I bought my F5 chip from you all about 2 years ago. I love it but want to get a couple of new tunes and maybe get some tweaked. As of now I have 60 tow, 80 econ, 120 race and 140 smoke.

I'd like to get something done to the shift points on the tow tune, it wants to shift into OD at 40 mph and not want to come back out unless you really mash on it which, in turn, runs the egt's up. I'd like to get the drive thru tune added, the 1200 rpm non ebpv hi idle and the decel tune. I have a couple of questions about the hi idle tune and the decel tune. On the hi idle tune, if I remote start my truck with it on that tune, will it immediately idle up to 1200 rpm or does it run for a second and then idle up? Also, if it's cold, will the ebpv still close when it's cold or is it turned off completely? On the decel tune, does it make the trans shift down sooner and the converter lock in addition to closing the ebpv? Lastly, how much would it cost to re-burn my chip with the above settings? Sorry for playing 20 questions
Eric,

Jody has newer tunes you may wnat to try first and see if you like them over what you have now. We don't charge to update to his newer tunes. We do not recommend starting the truck up in Hi-idle. You need to start the truck in a lower hp tune first and then switch to Hi idle. If the EBV is still intact the butterfly will stay closed at temps under 50* until truck has warmed up to what the pcm says is the normal operating temps. It will open once it reaches that temp. The decel tune will keep the EBV closed on declines along with important transmission tuning to ensure the trans is not hurt during this process.

Here's a link to our reburn info. DP-Tuner Chip Reburn Information

Diane
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.