Tuning options - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
DP-Tuner DP Tuner

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2009, 05:23 PM
Emergency Services

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Tuning options

I've decided to purchase my first chip soon and it's pretty obvious people here prefer DP/TW chips. I've already picked out my tunes from both chips and just stuck on which one i'm going to get. But as far as the DP chip goes i have a few quick questions...

My truck's engine is entirely stock btw

Would running the 140hp Aggressive/Extreme tune damage my engine since it is entirely stock? If i were to run it say...ten minutes at a time tops. Maybe a couple times a week just to show off.

Does the 120hp Race tune smoke like crazy? It may be childish but i'm definitely looking to throw ALOT of coal around whenever i'm in the mood.

What the heck is a lope idol tune?

And does the 80hp Econo tune really increase horsepower and MPG? Seems great but i'm not really sure how that works.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2009, 05:42 PM
Tennessee Powerstrokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter04 View Post
I've decided to purchase my first chip soon and it's pretty obvious people here prefer DP/TW chips. I've already picked out my tunes from both chips and just stuck on which one i'm going to get. But as far as the DP chip goes i have a few quick questions...

Both the DP and TW are good. I think more guys go with TW though. You should also look into the SCT with tunes from Innovative Diesel.

Would running the 140hp Aggressive/Extreme tune damage my engine since it is entirely stock? If i were to run it say...ten minutes at a time tops. Maybe a couple times a week just to show off.

Do you have guages? You could really do some damage if your EGT"s get too high! You also run the risk of blowing a head gasket because the stock head studas are not gonna stand up to jarring down on a tune.

Does the 120hp Race tune smoke like crazy? It may be childish but i'm definitely looking to throw ALOT of coal around whenever i'm in the mood.

Kinda makes it sound like a gasser with a big cam.

And does the 80hp Econo tune really increase horsepower and MPG? Seems great but i'm not really sure how that works.

You will get better mileage from the higher horsepower tunes. You just have to learn to keep your foot out of it.

Have Fun!!!
Old 06-24-2009, 05:42 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter04 View Post

the 140 wont hurt anything as long as you have a EGT gauge to see how hot your getting the combustion chamber.

no-the 120 tune doesnt smoke much more than the 80- DONT BE A DUCHE ROLLING COAL LIKE A CHILD IN A WORN OUT DODGE-

yes the 80 tune is my fav on my Tony wildman chip, its almost as fast as the 120 and it will help mileage and makes life easier on the trans for day to day driving- eliminating slippage and helps lock the converter in each gear. however, if you have a stock trans any chip is going to shorten its life.

DP/TW are both awesome. PHP has a good one two. Tony will re burn your chip for free when you add additional mods- injectors/turbo/trans etc... Just stay away from "shelf" tuners= waste of your money...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.