Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

The Dixie Strokers Feb 2011 target practice GTG

12K views 163 replies 9 participants last post by  forkliftman 
#1 · (Edited)
We are planning to have a GTG at my place Feb. 26 2011.
As of now we plan to have a target range setup and plan to waste a lot of lead .
Of course we can jaw jack and look at trucks and grill out.
I will have my camper setup for bathroom facilities if anyone has a distaste for getting intimate with pine trees.
I will set up a shooting lane with targets at various ranges from very close to around 500 yards or more, whatever yall want.

My place;
Oakes Rd - Google Maps

:rod:

#9 ·
I got a cheap hand thrower, I aint much good at it but my buddies swear they like the hand thrower better than their tire mounted spring throwers.
I need to order some more ammo!!!
I hope the weather cooperates!

#11 ·
I will mostly shoot my Rem nylon 66 .22 rifle and my Ruger 22/45 pistol. I got to save my real ammo for when the Chinese decided to collect on the debt.
I know I can't help myself and I will have to drop a couple hundred rounds of 7.62 and .223
I will probably stop at 50-75 12 gauge, that crap hurts!
I will have to blow a hundred rounds or so of 45acp through my brand new baby to stress test it, and a few 380 to keep the pocket pistol loosened up.
I might break down and get me a Judge by then so I'll have to pop off a few boxes of 410.
I'll have to check the scope on the 30-30 with a few rounds at 150yds
I may pick up another case of 20ga to ease the pain of shattering skeets.
Damn, this could get expensive!!!!

#20 ·
Have you seen the belt buckle .22lr pistols?
http://www.gunsamerica.com/userimages/99105/956707644/wm_1266422.jpg
I wonder how that would fit into the open carry / concealed carry laws?
Either way it is now high on my list of must haves.

This won't hurt me nowhere near as bad as you guys. I might bring 2-3 guns, if that. I will have to get a permit to bring the pistols, as I've never had one. My hardest thing will be the 4 wheeler.
I don't think you have to have a permit if it is unloaded and inside a box or case or whatever and in the trunk or back of the truck. I aint sure about the exact rules and since I carry I just keep my permit up to date. In Morgan County it is plastic with a pic and looks kinda like a drivers license. Several years ago I went to the Sheriffs office, asked for one, filled out a one page form, got my pic snapped and walked out with it $20 lighter. Now they send me a notice in the mail every year, I send them a $20 check and they send me a new one with the same old pic. Plum stupid if you ask me.

#25 ·
Last weekend I went and shot my Sendero with my new BDC scope that I got for X-mas. While I was there I put a few thru the 10/22, the single six and the mark II. 10/22 scope was off a little, tried to get rid of a stray eating my dogs food and wound up wounding it instead and it ran off, couldn't find it. Shouldn't have that problem anymore!

#29 ·
I already have at least 3 guys that aren't on the net wanting to come, two of them drive powerstrokes, the other is my cousin and says he wants to bring a few pounds of tannerite!!

Does anyone have a high power spotting scope they can bring to reduce the number of times we have to stop live fire so someone can go down range to check targets?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.