Welcome Discount Tire Direct! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Discount Tire Discount Tire

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2008, 01:13 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Welcome Discount Tire Direct!

Powerstroke.org would like to welcome Discount Tire Direct as our newest Supporting Vendor!

Please take a moment to visit their website that the following URL:

Home - Discount Tire Direct
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2008, 01:21 PM
My 6OH Hates Me

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Welcome to the org and thanks for the support
Old 05-02-2008, 01:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Thanks for the welcome guys!
Old 06-02-2008, 07:59 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I tried to get my new MT's warranted at Discount tire was told there is an e-mail out saying that tires not bought from them not to warranty them. Was told this from a manager Saturday , I bought them from MT direct and the guy new this when he couldn't beat their price.
I saved $700.00 not using discount but I wanted them to warranty and I would pay the price to have this for the 3000 balance . was told 325/65/18 take to long to balance lol for the past 15 yrs I have dealt with discount now I get the shaft cause I saved money ..
I have had 35's warranted with them before that I didn't buy from them which makes me think somethings wrong here.
Goliad Rd discount tire Sa Tx ....
Old 06-02-2008, 08:31 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I would E-mail or call MT and ask them for warranty issues, Whom is your warranty outlet in the san antonio area, And some how get it in writing, I do not know the tire industry, But in my industry, I can not and will not decline warranty claims on a product I represent. Even if I did not sell it!
It does make sense to get warranty work done at the place you purchased. But if the place you purchased is 5k miles away, And the product has a warranty. Then the manufacture should have a plan of action, When action is needed.

Good luck

Good luck
Old 06-02-2008, 08:37 PM
cj41foleyisathief

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
What kind of M/T's? I would like to save that much on a set. Mike pm with a # please.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:24 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hickman View Post
I tried to get my new MT's warranted at Discount tire was told there is an e-mail out saying that tires not bought from them not to warranty them. Was told this from a manager Saturday , I bought them from MT direct and the guy new this when he couldn't beat their price.
I saved $700.00 not using discount but I wanted them to warranty and I would pay the price to have this for the 3000 balance . was told 325/65/18 take to long to balance lol for the past 15 yrs I have dealt with discount now I get the shaft cause I saved money ..
I have had 35's warranted with them before that I didn't buy from them which makes me think somethings wrong here.
Goliad Rd discount tire Sa Tx ....
There's a little confusion here. Mike, Correct me if I am wrong but you don't have a manufacture warranty claim at this time. You are actually wanting to purchase our extended warranty, Certificate for Free Replacement, for your MT tires correct? I called a couple stores in San Antonio this morning because I was unsure on this policy and here is what I found.

We used to sell our certificates for free replacement for any tire that we could purchase no matter where you bought it. Unfortunately, when we the stores looked at the numbers on this they found that when we did this our warranty claims for these "outside bought" product was out the roof. It seems that many people were taking advantage of our certificates without supporting us with their initial purchase and unfortunately they have decided not to continue to do this. Now we understand that we aren't always the lowest price but we want to be and we will try to match or beat anyones price that is lower but there are times when we just can't. Mike you sound like you got a heck of a deal. We appreciate your business, we really do, It is unfortunate that others have ruined the certificates for free replacement for you and your situation.

If you have a manufacture warranty claim that you would like us to look into please let us know we would be happy to try to take it to MT to see if they will warranty it for you.

I asked about the balance too. The San Antonio store would be more than happy to set you up with a lifetime balance. Lifetime balance for oversized tires does typically cost a little more due to the nature of oversized tires to come unbalanced quite often, but they will be happy to do it for you if that's what you would like.

I am sorry if there was any mix up or missunderstanding. Personally, I think its pretty cool that people will go out of their way to come buy our warranties. That speaks loud for how good they are.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:44 AM
Conservative and Proud

Old 06-03-2008, 07:50 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Thanks Banshee34! I grew up in Oregon. Nice to see a Mod from there.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:58 AM
Conservative and Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discount Tire Direct View Post
Thanks Banshee34! I grew up in Oregon. Nice to see a Mod from there.
Where did you grow up at?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.