Exchange policy? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Discount Tire

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 11-10-2010, 03:11 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exchange policy?

I was going to call my local store tomorrow and ask them the same question, but thought I would post it here as well. 1 month ago I purchased a new set of Good Year Wrangler Duratracs for my truck. I have purchased BF Goodrich All-Terrain KO atleast 4 times in the past, but the manager of the store recommended trying the Good Years. To say the least, I am dissatisfied with them. What's worse, they were $50-$60 more apiece than the BFGs. The issue lies in the fact that sidewall strength seems to be lacking. Lateral stability is poor at best. They produce a swaying or fishtailing feeling. Anyhow, I'm interested in what options I have, if any, for exchanging these barely-worn tires for the ones I originally wanted? Thanks for your input.

2006 F-350 6.0PSD CCSB Lariat, Edge Juice Platinum / Attitude (being replaced by SCT with tunes by Innovative), Banks Monster Exhaust (cat delete, muffler delete), Banks High Ram Intake, Banks Cold Air Intake, ZooDad, High Idle mod....SOLD! Onto the next..

2002 F-250 7.3PSD CCSB Lariat, Edge Evolution, K&N intake

10,000 Lakes Chapter Member
post #2 of 5 Old 11-11-2010, 05:13 AM
Slacker

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Go to the store and talk to them directly and they will take care of you. I have had EXCELLENT service with Discount when I had a situation similar to yours. They gave me full credit for a set of tires that I wasn't 100% satisfied with and I ended up with the ones I wanted. If you have more than just a month's worth of wear, they may pro-rate the tires, but mine were just a week (or so) old so I got full credit. Best of luck and let us know what they do for you.

Shawn Carlson
EvilEye@powerstroke.org

Proud Navy Vet
2005 F250, CCSB, 6.0 PSD, FX4 (The Sweet Unit is white)
2008 F350, CCLB, 6.4 PSD (Brad-the wife's truck is black)

Engine Mods:
Fluidampr
CCV Reroute (Reinstated)
4" MBRP Exhaust
MTW Stage 1 Turbo
Bulletproof 53V FICM
BulletProof EGR Cooler
BulletProof Water Pump
Riff Raff Intercooler Boots
Gogo Diesel Direct Drive Solenoid
BulletProof All-Aluminum Radiator
BulletProof All-Aluminum Intercooler
BulletProof Oil Cooler System w/ Bypass Filter
SCT w/ Custom Tunes (TSD, DJ's, Innovative, Gearhead, QuickTricks)

Exterior Mods:
Bilstein 5100 Shocks
Icon Adjustable Trac Bar
Firestone RideRite Air Bags
BDS Dual Steering Stabilizer
Aluminum Finned Differential Cover
Reese 16k Manual Slider 5th Wheel Hitch
Icon 2.5" Leveling Kit w/ F-350 rear blocks
20" BMF Novakanes wrapped in 33" Nitto Terra Grapplers
post #3 of 5 Old 11-11-2010, 09:19 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam711 View Post
I was going to call my local store tomorrow and ask them the same question, but thought I would post it here as well. 1 month ago I purchased a new set of Good Year Wrangler Duratracs for my truck. I have purchased BF Goodrich All-Terrain KO atleast 4 times in the past, but the manager of the store recommended trying the Good Years. To say the least, I am dissatisfied with them. What's worse, they were $50-$60 more apiece than the BFGs. The issue lies in the fact that sidewall strength seems to be lacking. Lateral stability is poor at best. They produce a swaying or fishtailing feeling. Anyhow, I'm interested in what options I have, if any, for exchanging these barely-worn tires for the ones I originally wanted? Thanks for your input.
Thank you for the post and you support here on the boards

Our number one goal is our customers satisfaction. When ever you are not happy with a purchase we'll do everything we can to make it right.

Like Evil Eye mentioned, contact your store directly and they'll get you taken care of. I suggest speaking with the store manager directly.

On a side note, the DuraTrac is an excellent model and on HD trucks appears squirmy at first. This is mainly caused from a few things. First is the mold release agents that are in the tire. This oily substance takes about 500 miles to work it's way out of the tread. Second is the height of the tread blocks. The DuraTrac has an almost vertical tread block which can be a little squirmy at first but as the tire breaks in this feeling will go away. Lastly is the air pressure. Like many aggressive tires, even a slight change in air pressure can make all the difference.

I hope this information helps and if we can be of further assistance please give us a call at 1.888.459.4080.

-Matt

Low Prices! More Choices! FREE Shipping!
At The Store: www.discounttire.com
To Your Door: www.discounttiredirect.com

Sales and Technical: 1.888.459.4080

Found a Lower Delivered Price?

Need Tires for Your Camper or Trailer?

Useful Links:
Tire Calculator
Current Promotions
Interactive Wheel System
Wheels & Tires 101
post #4 of 5 Old 11-11-2010, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Matt, thanks for the input. I have roughly 2,000 miles on them now, and granted they do seem better than when they were first put on, but still leaves me feeling almost like I'm on ice sometimes. Speaking of air pressure, the first week or so I kept them at 65 front/75 rear. I then aired them up to 80/80 and that seemed to firm them up a little bit more. I'll re-post here after I speak to the store manager who talked me into them in the first place!

2006 F-350 6.0PSD CCSB Lariat, Edge Juice Platinum / Attitude (being replaced by SCT with tunes by Innovative), Banks Monster Exhaust (cat delete, muffler delete), Banks High Ram Intake, Banks Cold Air Intake, ZooDad, High Idle mod....SOLD! Onto the next..

2002 F-250 7.3PSD CCSB Lariat, Edge Evolution, K&N intake

10,000 Lakes Chapter Member
post #5 of 5 Old 11-11-2010, 03:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Keep us posted and thank you again for your continued support.

-Matt

Low Prices! More Choices! FREE Shipping!
At The Store: www.discounttire.com
To Your Door: www.discounttiredirect.com

Sales and Technical: 1.888.459.4080

Found a Lower Delivered Price?

Need Tires for Your Camper or Trailer?

Useful Links:
Tire Calculator
Current Promotions
Interactive Wheel System
Wheels & Tires 101

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode