Kudos to Discount Tire Direct - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Discount Tire Discount Tire

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2009, 07:04 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs up Kudos to Discount Tire Direct

Not to get too long winded, but I wanted to give credit where credit is due.

I was surfing around the internet trying to decide on my next set of tires since I don't really like my KM2's and decided on some Nitto Mud Grapplers. Without getting into the exact numbers, I found a place online that had them for WAY less than anyone else, but I didn't know if it was a reputable company or anything like that. When I checked Discount Tire Direct I noticed they price matched. I sent them the email with the link to the site and promptly got a reply that said they would beat the price by $10. Not much, but better than a kick in the pants. Yesterday when I looked at the other site they had a deal where if you "Bought them in the next 5 minutes" you got 5% off the already low price. Today that deal was gone. Despite that I called to see what Discount Tire Direct could do. To my suprise and complete satisfaction they beat the price that they could not even see by $10. The deal was so good I ended up buying tires 2 or 3 months before I planned. The guy I spoke to ("T.C.") was very personable and professional. I have never used them before, but at this point I have nothing but good things to say. Can't wait to get my new "shoes"! Too often the bad things are the only things you hear about on the internet, so I just wanted to say "Keep up the good work guys (and gals)."
-Aaron
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2009, 07:12 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Thank you for sharing your experience with us Aaron. We appreciate your support. Post up some pics when you get those Mud Grapplers mounted up
Old 09-01-2009, 07:20 AM
Coal Rolling = Posing

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenF350 View Post
Not to get too long winded, but I wanted to give credit where credit is due.

I was surfing around the internet trying to decide on my next set of tires since I don't really like my KM2's and decided on some Nitto Mud Grapplers. Without getting into the exact numbers, I found a place online that had them for WAY less than anyone else, but I didn't know if it was a reputable company or anything like that. When I checked Discount Tire Direct I noticed they price matched. I sent them the email with the link to the site and promptly got a reply that said they would beat the price by $10. Not much, but better than a kick in the pants. Yesterday when I looked at the other site they had a deal where if you "Bought them in the next 5 minutes" you got 5% off the already low price. Today that deal was gone. Despite that I called to see what Discount Tire Direct could do. To my suprise and complete satisfaction they beat the price that they could not even see by $10. The deal was so good I ended up buying tires 2 or 3 months before I planned. The guy I spoke to ("T.C.") was very personable and professional. I have never used them before, but at this point I have nothing but good things to say. Can't wait to get my new "shoes"! Too often the bad things are the only things you hear about on the internet, so I just wanted to say "Keep up the good work guys (and gals)."
-Aaron
I wasn't able to do any price match deals with 'em, they were already the cheapest place I could find the E load range tire I wanted.

Great place to get tires from
Old 09-02-2009, 06:56 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

That's what we like to hear! WOOT! Thank you chvyrkr81.
Old 09-14-2009, 05:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Wow... Just realized you guys were a sponsor here. I'll post up for a quote in a new thread...
Old 12-16-2009, 07:56 PM

I just bought a set of snowys and wheels for the wifes car, and after I placed the order online they called to say they were out of stock...and upgraded me to a better tire at no charge!
This is where the next set for my truck are comming from!
Thx x2
Old 12-17-2009, 06:00 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Thanks for the post zeddy! We appreciate your support!
Old 12-17-2009, 06:04 AM

I bought my last 4 sets of tires from them. Can't beat 'em and the in store service is great.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:06 PM

A little update, the tires I bought last year for the wifes car started to rub as the car settled(aged). The tire they upgraded me to is slightly too big for the car. I was a bit pissed and fired off an email to customer service. I had a reply from Mitch in customer service by 530am the next day! They totally took care of me, they got me a new set in the factory size, paid for the change over and return shipping of the old tires. I really couldn't believe how well I was taken care of, I thought I would have to shell out a bunch of bucks for the pro-rating of the tires ect. They said it was their mistake.

I will never make a another tire purchase without checking with Discount tire direct!

Thanks!
Old 02-01-2011, 08:33 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

That's what we like to hear. Thank you for the post Zeddy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.