want more power!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Diesel Performance Products Makers of the FASS. www.dieselpp.com

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2006, 07:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question How much $$$ is new 2008

Hello, Does anyone know the starting price of the new 2008 fords:

Last edited by Marg'sford; 12-23-2006 at 03:59 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2006, 08:14 PM
PIPE HITTER

Hey man welcome to the forum.

A 4" exhaust will help get the flow going and is an essential part of the big power picture. There are tons of vendors here that have smokin' deals on just about anything you may need.
Old 07-08-2006, 08:46 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
Most of the time you won't notice much of a gain with an exhaust kit until you chip it. I'm not up to par on the hypertech stuff but I know it's decent from what i've read. It's pretty much a must to help get the EGT spike from the chip down to something a little less toasty. Plus it will flow the extra air that the chip will get flowing through the engine.
Old 08-05-2006, 06:03 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marg'sford
Hi I would like to know what I could do to improve the power of my 1999 F250 Diesel. I have a Hypertech power program but was wondering if a bigger exhaust would really make that much of a difference. My Ford is a F250 manual trans I have a K&N air filter and the Hypertech power program 4" lift with 36" tires other than that it's stock. Was thinking about purchasing a new 2007 but I like the 7.3 engine in the 1999. I really thought they were going to put the new 6.4 in the 2007 but I guess it's not going to change until 2008 so I will waite.
What up buddy i install all kind of aftermarket products on the side and i am a me*****e and my friends dad had a hypertect 80Hp and his two friends too. I told him that his chip was not the true Hp to the rear wheels so i sold him the chip my dads runs in his 2000 powerstroke 250 120Hp it made a big inprovement to his truck and his two friends had it to rode with his dad and got my chip too. Its partly owned by ford and has a fail safe mode so your chip dont hurt your truck it dont power up til your oil up to safe temp and your coolant but will not shut the chip off unless your truck over heats from broken hose or some thing. i run this chip in my 6.0 and the exhaust in mine never gets hot but i do recamend the you have exhaust cause the 7.3 engine runs alot better with it lets it breath if you want more detail just let me know thank
Old 08-05-2006, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigredneck
What up buddy i install all kind of aftermarket products on the side and i am a me*****e and my friends dad had a hypertect 80Hp and his two friends too. I told him that his chip was not the true Hp to the rear wheels so i sold him the chip my dads runs in his 2000 powerstroke 250 120Hp it made a big inprovement to his truck and his two friends had it to rode with his dad and got my chip too. Its partly owned by ford and has a fail safe mode so your chip dont hurt your truck it dont power up til your oil up to safe temp and your coolant but will not shut the chip off unless your truck over heats from broken hose or some thing. i run this chip in my 6.0 and the exhaust in mine never gets hot but i do recamend the you have exhaust cause the 7.3 engine runs alot better with it lets it breath if you want more detail just let me know thank
Sooo...What kind of chip is it?
Old 08-07-2006, 03:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quadazilla
Old 08-07-2006, 03:32 PM

I just put the TS performance 6 chip in my truck and I really like it. I talked to alot of guys on the site and heard all positive feedback on it. Plus on one of the positions you can put a security setting that acts like a killswitch. It is also stackable.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:58 PM

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
I personally would dump the hypertech and get an adjustable chip like the TS.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:17 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i had a TS i did not like it. it hooks to your trans and i dint like that cause i ended up having problems with it but some people like it i went with the quadzilla cause dont hook to the trans and is 100% undectable when you unhook in.But i have a 6.0 and the 7.3 Ts is great cause i got friends with it but the few i talk to with the 6.0 had some luck but not all depents with TS box you go with
Old 08-10-2006, 05:02 PM

I was gonna say I don't remember the TS hooking on the trans in my 7.3....I was unaware they did that with the 6.0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.