Fass Faq...... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Diesel Performance Products Makers of the FASS. www.dieselpp.com

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2006, 04:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fass Faq......

Howdy all!

I want this space to be for YOU---The Power Stroke.org User! Any FASS questions and problems i would love to be on here. SO this can help any with issues, looking to get info, and such. A FAQ Page of sorts.....so Please feel free to start any threads pertaining to FASS or the HPFP. HECK! I might even use some of yall to help me come up with better solutions to issues. Thanks to all in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2006, 05:49 AM
LTJDS

I want one

But my mech says HOGWASH.
Let me see (read) some true testomonials please.
I do really want one but don;t plan on dumping what is 70% of my Propane purchase budjet, for what?
Is their really fuel savings, Does your motor idle softer,quieter? DO TELL
Thankssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Old 07-12-2006, 06:20 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Here you go.....

Ill be 100% straight up with you. This is my experience with the FASS for my 2001 Dodge.

Fuel mileage....i personally didn’t see any increase...but i do have a heavy foot some times. Some say they see up to 1-2 MPG. We have seen Class 8 trucks pick up .25-.50 MPG average and gain a gear in the hills.

My truck idled noticeable smoother. So much so my wife noticed! (I have never been so proud in my life!)

Throttle response was a bit snapper. Not life changing...but you know how your truck runs on a cool day? Kinda like that. Just enough to notice.

You will benefit with the air being filter out due to the dead headed fuel rail that the PSD has.

We are currently working on a full replacement pump for the Ford's. It will by-pass the high pressure pump on the frame rail completely. Right now the current kits feed into the stock pump.

You also get filters that can last 60,000+ miles depending on fuel condition.

Read on our web site. We have a few more things on there that explain it a bit more....

I have been working here for 4 months.....i have had my FASS system almost 3 years...........
Old 07-12-2006, 07:02 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Recently had the opportunity to meet Dan and I can tell you guys he is a straight shooter ,same as his Boss Brad is.Great to have you aboard Dan.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

HEY Harald! Good to see you on here as well! Great meeting you @ IRP!
Old 07-14-2006, 10:23 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Dan I have only ever seen the FASS system available for the 99 and up powerstrokes, however I have a 95 would the system work for mine or is the setup too different to work right?
Old 07-15-2006, 01:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Yes. I have talked to some that have custom installed a FASS on a 1st gen PSD. BUT they did also say it was somewhat of a headache. The Pressure pump is in the engine valley, so space is tight. We don’t offer a kit due to the lack of demand for the truck. BUT that is not to say that a 99-04 kit could not be made to work with some end user engineering. Might even be able to do a regulated return setup by supplying fuel from the back to the head to the fnt….and regulating the return flow……I have heard of some trying this. On the newer PSD’s…..we have a pump that can push 70 PSI at 90 GPH….that should do that trick…….
Old 07-03-2007, 05:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

i have had a fass on my truck for about 2 years now, and i noticed a differance on starting, and it runs a tad quiter. the only problem that i have had is that we get a lot of snow here and they salt the crap out of the read. it gets into the brushes, and carodes them, i had this happen twice , and then the fuel pump stops working, so if you have this problem, put a dab of silicone over the brush caps, and that seamed to do the trick..

also where can i get new filters, they are looking verry rusty, and i would like to buy new ones, before they rot off and leave me stranded
Old 07-05-2007, 06:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEICHIN641 View Post
i have had a fass on my truck for about 2 years now, and i noticed a differance on starting, and it runs a tad quiter. the only problem that i have had is that we get a lot of snow here and they salt the crap out of the read. it gets into the brushes, and carodes them, i had this happen twice , and then the fuel pump stops working, so if you have this problem, put a dab of silicone over the brush caps, and that seamed to do the trick..

also where can i get new filters, they are looking verry rusty, and i would like to buy new ones, before they rot off and leave me stranded
Where in WI are you? I have a few dealers up there that should be able to help you.....
Old 07-05-2007, 06:09 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Hartford ,wi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.