Blowing white smoke 2003 F250 PSD - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2014, 04:04 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Blowing white smoke 2003 F250 PSD

Sorry for a lengthy post. Need some help I'm still new to working on my truck myself so forgive the ignorance. Here is what I've got. I have a 2003 F250 SD w/ 7.3L PSD 268K miles. Took good care of the truck. About 4 days ago the truck started blowing white smoke real bad on start up (its 70+ * in the AM here in Tulsa) and you can smell the fuel very well. Once you get in and drive it it seems to do fine but you can tell its not running exactly right, but it doesn't blow the white smoke while driving and when its warm and you are at idle the smoking is not as bad or the fuel smell but its still there. To add last year in March went on a trip and the truck died took it to a Ford dealer had to was 3 states out and they replaced all the fuel injectors as they said they were bad w/ rebuilt ones at the tune of $360.00 a piece + labor a $4000.00 bill, what could I do was stranded. ANyway so I had new injectors put it, I also recently had Ford change glow plugs and wiring harness, and I changed the GPR. 4 mtgs ago Ford changed the IPR and BPV. I am being led to believe from what I've been reading that one of the Fuel Injectors has trash in it causing fuel to dump too much or the orings are bad. Need some good solid advice to help get this figured out and I don't want to let it linger and cause damage if it is bad orings or stuck open injector. Thanks for the help guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2014, 07:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Are you feeling a hesitation? Have a cylinder contribution test done. You could possibly have cylinder that is low on compression and isn't burning the fuel entirely. The cylinder contrib will point the hole out. Keep me updated
Old 06-26-2014, 05:43 AM

Will do I just got my AE scaner a couple of weeks ago still learning how to run it right. Will the CCT tell you low compression or what code should it throw back. Thanks for the help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.