Autoenginuity or DP infinity - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By schlutzer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2014, 10:12 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Autoenginuity or DP infinity

I want some feedback from the guru's here. I am looking at getting a diagnostic, aka system watcher with data loggin, and am not sure which way to go. I have a DP chip and am happy with it and feel DP's customer service is great. Also, I hear that the Infinity's data log is super fast, but how does it compare with AE? I have minor issues with my truck that I am going to have to catch it in the act, because I can't duplicate it, (starting isssue). Also, for example, if it says it is an ICP issue with no codes, does the computer just say low ICP or pinpoit out differently. Because that can mean a whole lot of stuff.

I understand the whole laptop vs monitor always in the truck, but is there $300.00 worth of difference between these two units? If it is a low ICP, are they both going to tell me "Low ICP" and its up to me to decide IPR O rings, Injector O rings, Hpop, Lpop, ect. I am DIY'er, but have never used computers to help out with diagnosing. I have come to reallize that owning these truck, its almost a must to have. Also I am not trying to finger point at either system, I just want honest opinions. Both Jody and Clay have been great to me on the phone, but both need numbers to help me out.

Thanks John
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2014, 10:28 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

No experience with the Infinity but do have AE. AE will give regular codes and say Low ICP but you can go into the enhanced powertrain section and monitor HPOP psi, ICP duty cycle, stuff like. When I first got AE it all seemed like just numbers that I didn't know what they meant or how to diagnose problems with the information I was given. Still relatively new to AE but getting better and with all the knowledge that's on here I'm not worried if I don't understand something or need help. Jody and Clay are both good to deal with. What problems are you having?
The Following User Says Thank You to strokin-7.3 For This Useful Post:
gacnik123 (03-30-2014)
Old 03-30-2014, 10:31 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
If you want a professional tool, go with the AE.

The Infinity won't do as much, not gonna help you with any other vehicle, and has such a small display it's almost a toy (unless you're "App-Happy" )
The Following User Says Thank You to NoRalPh For This Useful Post:
gacnik123 (03-30-2014)
Old 03-30-2014, 10:47 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Main issue, I won't say problem, is longer cranks when warm. Starts like a champ cold. Lately I have had a new thing where it starts and dies then fires right back up and runs fine.
This is what I have done or changed.
-New Injector O rings
-New IPR O rings
-New CPS 3/14
-Fresh oil change 15w-40 and had it die once since
-New ICP sensor
-Monitored oil level In HPOP
-HPOP Psi with manual gauge WOT >2600
-Fuel pressure idle 66psi, WOT 55psi
-New UVCH along with new motorcraft glow plugs
-New stancor GPR
-ATS housing to cure surge
-WW2
-DP F6
-Jody had me unload my tunes and reload my tunes to see if something went awry. Truck has not hiccuped since, but its only been a few days. I always start in stock.

I use my truck to pull a fifth wheel. 99.5 7.3 96,000 miles. John
Old 03-30-2014, 10:50 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRalPh View Post
If you want a professional tool, go with the AE.

The Infinity won't do as much, not gonna help you with any other vehicle, and has such a small display it's almost a toy (unless you're "App-Happy" )
Not to app happy. haha
I still have a flip phone... John
Old 04-03-2014, 09:25 PM
Premium Member

Get the AE for sure. You can do everything you need with regards to datalogging and then email it to whoever you need.

Also it works like a very good scanner for every other normal vehicle out there.

If you want on the road monitoring, get the torque app. You can read many things through that, and if you get a cheap tablet, it can be mounted and used whenever you like
gacnik123 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.