07 6.0 cutting out at highway speeds - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2014, 02:34 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
07 6.0 cutting out at highway speeds

First of all I know there are other threads with similar symptoms..and I've spent a month reading everything I find. I have an 07 6.0 with only 62,000 miles that is driving me insane with this problem. This truck ran fine until the fuel gelled up once, even with power service additive, temps dropped drastically and all hell broke loose. While driving at interstate speeds of 50+ it will randomly act like it's cutting out or surging, let off the gas and let it do it's thing and it will come back within a few seconds like nothing happened. It doesn't do it every day but when it decides to, it will surge 5 or 6 times and then carry on fine. It only does it at highway speeds, never while driving in town. I should also mention since it's now female owned it doesn't get beat or haul anything. It has been to Ford 3 times, and a individual garage in the last 2 months and I have spent a small fortune replacing parts that "may" be the problem. The only codes the truck has thrown is for 3 of the injectors and the EGR. If anyone on this planet has some advice I would appreciate it. New parts..all new injectors, IPR, new fuel filters, fuel pump, air filter, cleaned egr, ebp sensor cleaned. The truck doesn't have many upgrades, just head studs. No tuner, no EGR delete or the other bulletproofing upgrades..yet.

Last edited by Michelle417; 01-31-2014 at 03:01 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2014, 03:37 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Have you done the blue spring mod? It may be weak fuel pressure. Are you saying it has 3 injector codes since you put all 8 injectors in it? I'd update the fuel pressure regulator and go from there. If you still get injector codes after blue spring i'd get those new injectors replaced under warranty. 07 doesn't have the black piston sleeve so just a new spring and plunger is all you need to replace.
07 6.0 cutting out at highway speeds-imageuploadedbyag-free1391171807.937580.jpg
07 6.0 cutting out at highway speeds-imageuploadedbyag-free1391171830.533879.jpg
07 6.0 cutting out at highway speeds-imageuploadedbyag-free1391171844.934331.jpg
Good luck

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 01-31-2014, 06:17 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

It was throwing the injector codes before they were replaced, no new codes since then but as of yesterday it was still cutting out on the interstate. When the injectors were done I had them replace the injector pressure regulator also.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:15 AM

I sounds like low fuel pressure to me since when you let off it sounds like the fuel catches back up and you proceed. Id get your fuel pressure checked before you wipe out more injectors.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 01-31-2014, 07:54 AM
information regurgitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricemiester View Post
I sounds like low fuel pressure to me since when you let off it sounds like the fuel catches back up and you proceed. Id get your fuel pressure checked before you wipe out more injectors.
There is no sensor for fuel pressure on the truck from the factory, so there will not be a code thrown for it. Fuel pressure should definitely be checked.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:44 AM

Next time you're on the freeway and it starts cutting out, pull over, pop the hood open, and unplug your EGR valve. Leave it unplugged and continue back on the freeway, this will tell you if the EGR valve is malfunctioning, doing this will give you a check engine light but it won't hurt anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.