Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

07 6.0 cutting out at highway speeds

7K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  GregsSD 
#1 · (Edited)
First of all I know there are other threads with similar symptoms..and I've spent a month reading everything I find. I have an 07 6.0 with only 62,000 miles that is driving me insane with this problem. This truck ran fine until the fuel gelled up once, even with power service additive, temps dropped drastically and all hell broke loose. While driving at interstate speeds of 50+ it will randomly act like it's cutting out or surging, let off the gas and let it do it's thing and it will come back within a few seconds like nothing happened. It doesn't do it every day but when it decides to, it will surge 5 or 6 times and then carry on fine. It only does it at highway speeds, never while driving in town. I should also mention since it's now female owned it doesn't get beat or haul anything. It has been to Ford 3 times, and a individual garage in the last 2 months and I have spent a small fortune replacing parts that "may" be the problem. The only codes the truck has thrown is for 3 of the injectors and the EGR. If anyone on this planet has some advice I would appreciate it. New parts..all new injectors, IPR, new fuel filters, fuel pump, air filter, cleaned egr, ebp sensor cleaned. The truck doesn't have many upgrades, just head studs. No tuner, no EGR delete or the other bulletproofing upgrades..yet.

#2 ·
Have you done the blue spring mod? It may be weak fuel pressure. Are you saying it has 3 injector codes since you put all 8 injectors in it? I'd update the fuel pressure regulator and go from there. If you still get injector codes after blue spring i'd get those new injectors replaced under warranty. 07 doesn't have the black piston sleeve so just a new spring and plunger is all you need to replace.
Screw Auto part

Auto part Fuel line Engine Automotive fuel system Carburetor

Gauge Measuring instrument Watch Material property Fashion accessory

Good luck

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#5 ·
I sounds like low fuel pressure to me since when you let off it sounds like the fuel catches back up and you proceed. Id get your fuel pressure checked before you wipe out more injectors.
There is no sensor for fuel pressure on the truck from the factory, so there will not be a code thrown for it. Fuel pressure should definitely be checked.

#6 ·
Next time you're on the freeway and it starts cutting out, pull over, pop the hood open, and unplug your EGR valve. Leave it unplugged and continue back on the freeway, this will tell you if the EGR valve is malfunctioning, doing this will give you a check engine light but it won't hurt anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.