2003 6.0 no start after icp replacement - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2014, 08:20 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2003 6.0 no start after icp replacement

hey guys. replaced the icp sensor on my truck the other day. the truck started fine before the replacement with the exception of long hot starts, but after the replacement just cranks and cranks. i also replaced the cam position sensor yesterday thinking that may have been the problem. i was able to start it once but that was it. itll just turn and doesnt even try to hit. i dont have a scanner so i cant provide codes, just hoping somebody has been down the same road and been able to figure it out. thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2014, 01:44 PM

ok how about this, can anybody tell me what the voltage values at the icp, ipr, and cam sensor should be? and like i said, it started before the icp replacement but unplugging the new sensor didnt help.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:00 PM
Premium Member

Ive never seen or heard of a 6.0 cam sensor failing. As far as ipr replacement im assuming you did it yourself? Big factor did you make sure you plugged in the 3 harnesses to the FICM properly? Do you hear the injectors cycle when you turn the key on? You can unplug the icp and the engine will run

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
The Following User Says Thank You to Ricemiester For This Useful Post:
chris1221 (02-03-2014)
Old 01-20-2014, 01:33 PM

alright, for your first three questions yes, yes, and yes. as for unplugging the icp, i did and it still didnt want to start. im starting to think it may be a problem with the fuel system like a bad relay or fuel pump or something. im not sure though
Old 01-20-2014, 03:46 PM
Premium Member

The fact that it ran before hand and now it doesn't could be faulty ipr. The dealership i buy from has warranted quite a few here lately.

Old 01-21-2014, 03:54 PM
Premium Member

Have you popped off the oil filter and had someone turn it over to see if you Low Pressure Oil Pump is working. When cranking the bowl should begin to fill up. Its best to watch since the drain valve is open when the filter is out so oil will leave the bowl.

Old 01-22-2014, 11:02 AM

ICP voltage on the sense wire (the one by itself in the connector, or c terminal) should be at 1 volt or above cranking. You would measure CKP in hz. The hz should be proportionate to cranking RPM so you should see at least 120hz.
Old 01-29-2014, 03:22 PM

sorry guys i havent had a chance to reply lately. i popped the oil filter out the other day, and the truck started instantly and spewed oil every where, but when i put the filter back in it didnt start. ive since tried that again with no luck, i also changed the oil which didnt change anything. i havent been able to check the voltage at the icp connector, but should be able to this weekend. i'll also be getting a Matco scanner from a buddy of mine tomorrow so hopefully that will help or atleast give me some more info to relay. all in all the truck hasnt run for a little over two weeks now which has been super inconvenient. one question i do have is, say its a relay or pcm problem, is there anyway to check or test those components with a VOM, and what should i check? thanks for the replies guys
Old 02-03-2014, 03:48 PM

just wanted to update anyone who is still following this thread, i was finally able to hook a scanner up to my truck today. after reading and clearing the computer a few times the truck finally started. the one code that showed up a couple of times was p2289 icp to high/ engine off. that eventually stopped showing up after a couple of start up's. the one problem i'm still having is its still not wanting to accelerate well if you really get on it but im almost positive thats a fuel delivery problem. anyway's thanks to all who gave advice.
Old 02-03-2014, 05:02 PM

Sounds like a biased ICP sensor. Get a sensor and connector from Ford. Verify that Icp pressure is zero key on, engine off.
The Following User Says Thank You to winnersdieseltech For This Useful Post:
chris1221 (02-03-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.