Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

6.7 Powerstroke Cold Weather Start Issue

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  HarleyCop 
#1 ·
I have a 2011 F250 6.7 Diesel with 51,000 miles. The last several days have been in the single digits in the Mid-Atlantic area. I have never had a starting issue until now. The first morning it was 2 degrees I turned the key, let the glow plug light go out, turned the key to start and nothing. All dash lights were lighted and I heard the fuel pump kick on. No clicking like the battery was bad. After several trys I stopped and returned 10 minutes later...IT STARTED. No problems starting after it warmed up. Happened again later that night after the truck was cold and two more times when the temps were single digits. Each time the truck started after ten or so minutes from the initial try.

Took truck to a Ford dealer and they kept it over night. Naturally the temperature warmed to the 20's. It started for them. They cannot find any thing wrong with the battery, starter, fuel pump, sensors. They checked with Ford and no such instances have been reported. Has anyone had this issue? Is it an extreme cold issue? HELP.....Thanks for reading

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.