reman injector, still runs crappy - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2013, 03:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
reman injector, still runs crappy

2000 7.3, had a slight miss, mechanic ran a contribution test and said number 3 was out of balance, replace number 3 and it will be as good as new, did that and the truck runs the same, if not worse.... did everything i was supposed to do wile changing the injector didnt hydrolock or nothing...ive put about 150 miles on the reman injector.....any suggestions what the next step should be...and i cleaned the s**** out of the ebv sensor and tube....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2013, 05:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

how did the injector harness look? are you sure it wasnt an electrical issue to the injector?
Old 09-30-2013, 05:17 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

if your running the grey ford recall cps you will fail the #3 and #8 cylinders almost every time.
so swap in either the delphy hts 101 cps, bwd cps with its occasional wiper issue, or the international cps.
i had the wiper issue with the bwd cps, so i am awaiting the delphi hts 101 cps, my truck idles and has a miss like you are describing with the grey ford recall cps
Old 09-30-2013, 05:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

@drive one- the harness looked pretty good( when i say pretty i mean i took a quick look and once i reconnected #3 connector i double checked all connections that are under valve cover, nothing to the obvious was present). but if it was a chaffed/bad wire or connection wouldnt it trigger the check engine light? or shouldnt it so to say?
@blue 99-im not to familiar with the wiper issue..??.. but where can you pick up the better cps?
Old 09-30-2013, 07:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

blue 99 i jus took a peak and its a light gray cps...u think thats the culprit?
Old 09-30-2013, 08:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

light grey is the update so i wouldnt suspect that unless you ohm it out and find it is bad
the recall for CPS sensor is black sensor= replace grey sensor= do not replace
Old 10-01-2013, 01:12 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

we just replaced my dads uvch on his 2000.
his service engine soon light was on from a glow plug wire being bad. so if you were having harness issues you would have a code. and ses light.

the light grey cps is most likely the ford recall cps that is junk!

type in delphi hts 101 on amazon thats the cps you want. or you can get them at advanced auto.

it will be a grey/or black cps, but you will notice the head on it is much larger.

the recall cps almost always fails the #3 and #8 cylinder contribution test.

FWIW everybody wants the old black ford cps sensors because the trucks run great with them besides the random dying issue that can happen with any cps made.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

ok so heres the update, ran the scanner found number 8 and and of course number 3 imbalance, ohmed both the valve cover gaskets, pulled the cps out of my wrecked truck and tried 2 test idm's...no change, gonna pull the valve cover on sunday and double check to make sure i didnt screw up when i put the injector in, then after that start on the compression tests...
Old 10-06-2013, 12:25 PM
Premium Member

So I assume by cps you mean crank sensor, is what it sounds like you guys are talking about which is actually CKP but I digress haha, this might sound dumb but check every thing like alternator output, cyl. blow-by (pinch off your ccv and take your oil fill cap off and see if it puffs smoke with the firing of each cyl or use a special gauge), leak down test and compression test and anything having to do with oil or fuel pressures. But we've had lots of trucks with alternator issues run exactly like it would with a bad CKP, including my own truck). If you have an IDS or other full function scan tool monitor your ICP and IPR, and check the wiring harness to each of those. We had a issue with 7.3 ICP connectors filling with oil and causing problems, also with the IPR harness pigtail insulation melting and arcing together.
Old 10-06-2013, 05:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

first and foremost... the cps has always been the universal initials for camshaft position sensor, alt out put is 12.5-13.5 volts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2000 f250, 7.3, injector

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.