HELP !!!!!!!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2013, 10:09 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation HELP !!!!!!!!!

I have a 2000 F-350 powerstroke 4x4 crewcab SRW with 95,500 miles I bought new. The truck is pretty much stock other than 315/75/16 tires and some recent changes in the last year, Dual 4" Diamond eye exhaust w 4" downpipe turbo back with no cat converter, Volant cold air intake, Radcliff's oil and fuel crossover lines and a Edge CTS insight monitor. In 2009, I had to replace the HPOP seal on this truck and since it has not had the power it did and loss of mpg. I had a Ford tech check the truck out, and he said everthing was it Ford's specs. I have Been trying to diagnose what is causing the lack of power. I thought it was the seal since that is when I noticed the loss of power, but other people have brought forward possible other causes - fuel screen stopped up, weak torque convertor, exhaust leak etc. I got the CTS insight to monitor EGT, Boost, Oil temp, and trans temp. Someone asked me in my other post, about MAP, ICP,IPR, IPW, Boost Exh. backpressure at Idle and at WOT. I am new to all the Guages. What do I need to monitor? What are the min and max? What are Ford's Specs? How can I use these to help me diagnose what might be causing me problem? What else do I need to know or input you can give me to help me? I thought the replacement of the seal was the cause of power loss, be it is getting more complicated the more people I talk to. I would like to fix it restore it back the was it was before the power loss. The start playing with a programmer or chip to get the most potenial power out of the truck while keeping it safe and not blowing it up. This is my first diesel truck and I still learning and need all the help I can get.

Below are some of the values I have gotten from the CTS insight in the last few days.

At Idle: WOT:
MAP: 14 MAP: 30
Exhaust BackPressure: 16 Back Press: 32
ICP: 600-650 ICP: 2880
IPR:14.5 Boost: 16
IWP: 2.65
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2013, 07:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
16 psi boost was at WOT, I was trying to read some of the other readings and watch for deer crossing the road. 16 psi was the Highest I noticed running WOT, 3rd gear (automatic tansmission) @ about 75 mph before it shifted gears. IPR and IWP readings I didn't get at WOT - didn't have them on screen at the time. Idle readings were at cold start up. So you are saying a boost of 16 psi is low? Ford tech told me that ford's specs on boost were 15-18 psi, but this was the only figure of ford's specs he gave me. He said the truck met all of ford's specs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.