07 6.0 Won't start Not the Ficm - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2013, 01:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
07 6.0 Won't start Not the Ficm

Ok all. I'm new to this site and diesels. I want one but I don't want this one. Lol.
Got my Father-in-law's 2007 F350. I'm about to put 10 lbs of c-4 in the engine compartment.

A while ago The Ficm went out. Sent it in to get repaired. I got the 58 volt upgrade. That worked.

Then a week later it died again. This time I replaced the IPR valve. And I'll damned if it wasn't the fuel cut off switch. Don't know what tripped it in the first place. But whatever. I put it back together. I couldn't get the exhaust completely connected back on the turbo (Header side). But it worked good enough to get it running and driving again.

It ran for a week and and died again. So my father-in-law had a guy come over with some reader that he had to put the truck info in and read it. He told me that the ficm was reading 3.0 volts and the oil system was at 15 (i don't know 15 what, but I hope it's not 15 psi).

I went over and tested the ficm at the posts and it read 58.5 with key. And it didn't change while the engine was turning over. 58.5 volts solid.

Checked the ICP Sensor, no change.
Jiggled the shifter to check the neutral safety switch, No change.
Checked fuses, None blown. (not sure which one is the ficm one though)

He needs new injector cups.
And there is no smoke coming out of the exhaust when I turn it over. So I'm assuming there is no fuel getting to the cylinders.

I think I covered all the info I have. Did I do decent, or am I miss something stupid. Any help would be nice. Thanks all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2013, 05:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Anyone? Did I say something wrong?
Old 04-03-2013, 07:25 PM
Premium Member

Why does it need new injector cups? Unfortunately there isnt much you can do without a capable scan tool on this truck. If you can get access to one that graphs data then we can help you more. Otherwise you may have to take it to someone that does.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

With out a monitor to "show you the way" your basiclly asking these guys to read there magic crystal balls (please no balls joke guys....) Might I suggest investing in a Edge monitor. Will save you a ton of asprin...
Old 04-04-2013, 09:42 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Well the Injector cups is what I'm figuring after some research on the net. I have oil in the anti-freeze with a strong smell of fuel. However, there is no anti-freeze in the oil. Is my assumption correct?

How much are the monitors you guys mentioned?

Thank you
Old 04-04-2013, 11:01 AM
Premium Member

Oil in coolant is usually from a ruptured oil cooler. Fuel in coolant is normally cracked heads just above the cup. In order to determine if the head is cracked is to remove injectors, drain the coolant apply 16psi air pressure to system and spray injector bores with soapy water looking for bubbles.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:19 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEWILLE View Post
Oil in coolant is usually from a ruptured oil cooler. Fuel in coolant is normally cracked heads just above the cup. In order to determine if the head is cracked is to remove injectors, drain the coolant apply 16psi air pressure to system and spray injector bores with soapy water looking for bubbles.
that....and/or No start issue? Look here.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:03 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

It could still be the FICM.... don't rule it out just because it has a new power supply if the module side of the FICM hasn't been changed. I've run into that multiple times, actually had a truck not long ago came in would barely start, FICM voltage was next to nothing so replace the half shell DC/DC converter, truck fired up and ran perfect, let it sit in my stall and idle for about 20 minutes and out of the blue it just shut off like somebody turned off the key. Would crank and crank and crank but not even try to start..... the module half of the FICM crapped out. Replaced the whole thing and truck ran great, never came back since. Not saying that's what your problem is, just saying don't rule it out as a possibility. A good scan tool to monitor PIDs is an absolute must

And yea as mentioned, oil in coolant = oil cooler, fuel in coolant = cracked head(s). You can't replace the injector cups in 6.0's, gotta replace the cyl head
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.