Help I'm too broke to let the dealer rip me off!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 08:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Help I'm too broke to let the dealer rip me off!!!

Hi everyone, this is the first time I have ever posted on anything so don't get mad at me if I make a forum faux pas. Anyway, I have an 07 f350 Harley Davidson 6.0 diesel. I love the truck, very reliable it has 160,000. Once upon a time my truck ran great then one day it didn't. Immediately I knew there was a problem by the loping idle, cab shaking and lack of throttle response. That last fateful trip (all of 15 miles round trip) it died 4 times on the way back. After sitting for 5-10 min she would start but still the cab shaking, no power, etc. I pu the scan tool on when I got home and it said low voltage (for all 8 injectors). so I did a little research and thought it must be the FICM. Easy fix, I pulled it shipped it off and when I put back in....same problem. I pulled the egr a little dry black soot, cleaned it up, put back....ran better for 5-7 minutes then back to no throttle response, cab shaking, etc. my truck doesn't smoke, leak anything or smell weird. I did put heet for diesels in the tank and change both fuel filters. I noticed last time I was staring at the engine hoping to telepathically communicate with the truck for a diagnosis, I saw quite a bit of oil around the induction tube to the turbo and on the intake underneath. There are a lot of people I've seen here with similar problems but I never see the definative answer and solution to the issue. I'm struggling with money and I know the dealer will hose me just for walking in the door. I don't have thousands to spend even if I wanted to. If anyone has some insight as to how I should proceed I'd appreciate the help. Can u post video on this forum? If I can I will post a video of the truck. When it starts and I just let it idle it will eventually (15-20 min) just chug itself to death and die. When it's on the road everytime the idle comes down( like at a stoplight) it will chug and die with essentially no throttle response even to the floor. I'm in Tacoma, WA and possibly looking into joining a class action against ford or starting a class action suit locally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2013, 04:03 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Help I'm too broke to let the dealer rip me off!!!

You won't take it to them to diagnose so you're gonna sue them? That doesn't make any sense.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 02-26-2013, 05:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ya, the 6.0 powerstroke has a long list of issues if u are not aware. Ford knew this engine was riddled with problems yet did nothing. Maybe u should read up on the topic, there's a lot of information about it out there. I guess I thought this was a place to maybe get some input from someone that might have had the same problem too. Or at least something besides a snotty comment.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:38 PM
Premium Member

Re: Help I'm too broke to let the dealer rip me off!!!

Maybe you should read up on the 6.0 first..

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 02-27-2013, 02:41 AM

It's not a snotty comment and I know all about the 6.0. Have for some time now. Sounds like you're waaaay late to the game here. Not once in your post does it say you had it diagnosed properly. 'Ford did nothing...' Sounds like you need to read up on the 6.0 more than I do.

Old 02-27-2013, 02:44 AM

And I think every 6.0 owner knows that if you have a diesel, you gotta pay to play. Ain't nothing about them cheap.

Old 02-27-2013, 05:53 AM
Emergency Services

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenndarell View Post
Hi everyone, this is the first time I have ever posted on anything so don't get mad at me if I make a forum faux pas.
If you have not figured it out yet you did make a forum faux pas. That kind of attitude is not very welcome here on the forum. There is plenty of people willing to help here but you will find little help with that kind of attitude. Per your own admission you truck has run great for 160,000 miles, you have one issue and you want to sue?

That being said you need to get a monitor on your truck and use that to see what may be causing your issue. It could be a number of things but without some more information it will be hard to provide some definitive help. Get a monitor on your truck and then read this thread...Write Up: Monitoring the 6.0L PSD.... Look for values that are out of the norm and then bring them back to the forum and we can tell you what to start looking at.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Per your own admission you truck has run great for 160,000 miles, you have one issue and you want to sue?
Exactly what I was scrolling down to post

and You threw a FICM at it because you didn't want to pay the Diagnostic fee at the dealer.
Too Broke to Go to the dealer but you threaten ramping up your own class action lawsuit
Snotty
Old 02-27-2013, 06:22 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
freakin exactly whats wrong with this country... im broke so im gonna sue a big company to give me money cause i feel i deserve it!!! reliable to 160k and u wanna sue???? r u FREAKING KIDDING ME????
Old 02-27-2013, 08:44 AM

I'm cheap too and I hate to go to the dealer. But at least I let the experts handle it and I get a guarantee. Are they experts? Maybe not always but they can be held accountable for their work.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
dies, lack power, running rough

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.