intermediate shutdowns - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2012, 07:03 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
intermediate shutdowns

04, 6.0 will be running great then will shut down for just a second then recover in a few more seconds. no codes. water in fuel and glow plug lights flash on at shutdown but dont remain on. no mechanic arund can help me.
has anyone ever had this happen and how did you fix it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2012, 07:50 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
What does the interior of your fuel pump filter housing look like? When was the last time your fuel filters were changed?
Old 07-16-2012, 08:04 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

filters have been changed, ficm sent off for repair. Toddshroat's tread discribes exactly whats happening to my 6.0..it totally quit last week and found fuse blown to the ecu. Replaced fuse and had to remove bullybog program and install stock program to get it to run. it runs good but will shut down a couple of times a day still
Old 07-16-2012, 08:12 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
The older HFCM (fuel pump with integrated filter housing) had a fuel heater in them and it was prone to clogging up due to algae and other biologic growth. I'm not sure that's your problem, but wanted you to check it to see. We were going down a different path with Todd's thread since his was seeming to be FICM related.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:43 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Have your oil rails been off recently??? Alot of times after repairs air gets trapped in them till you "bleed" them and they do that exact same thing. You also could have an IPR problem. I've seen quite a few where the screens on the IPR break and then get lodged in the ipr and they either dont start or start and stall. You could also have a ficm/injector concern. Also your egr valve could be sticking open. Hard to say without the truck in front of me lol, lots of things could cause this.
Old 08-03-2012, 04:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

thanks for everyones help, fuel filter housing was clean with no evidence of debris, ,, everything cleared up for awhile then bang , today she quit all together, engine control fuse blew, replaced it, it blew as soon as key was turned on. where should i start looking for short??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.