New 6.0 owner, is this normal? Video inside - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2012, 06:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New 6.0 owner, is this normal? Video inside

2006 f350 dually 120000 miles. Runs great, no problems at all but I did notice longer than I think are normal crank times to start. The gauge shows zero pressure then after a few seconds the needle moves up, once it reaches the normal center of the gauge position the truck starts instantly. Once it runs for five minutes or three hours it starts up much faster, but first thing in the morning it cranks for a bit. The video is actually a shorter crank than most mornings ( go figure)..... Does this seem normal?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2012, 06:25 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Make sure you have a Motorcraft oil filter and Cap on it.
Watch the Whole video

Motorcraft Power Stroke Diesel Filter Comparison - YouTube
Old 07-04-2012, 06:36 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

starts like mine

I do wait longer after the Glow plug light goes out on cold morning since they are lit up for around two minutes anyway ..I take advantage of it

also doing that lets the charging system get up to over 13 v faster since the glow plugs are cycling off

I just had my truck sit for 13 days and it took about 5 seconds to fire up
I imagine the HPOP needed to get up to psi ?
Old 07-04-2012, 05:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the replies, maybe I'm just paranoid after reading all the 6.0 horror stories online. I called the dealership I just bought it at (ford dealer), and the sales manager said all ford vehicles get an oil and fuel filter change along with all fluids before they get put on the lot for sale, but I'll check the filter anyway tomorrow. I changed both batteries as one was borderline but there wasn't much improvement. Hot starts are awesome, almost like a gasser... Just first thing in the morning is slow, I did find paperwork from a dealership in the glovebox saying that slow start condition due to bad icp fixed and buzz update performed, that was done in 2009. I unplugged the icp and tried but the crank time was the same.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.