2006 6.0 shutters and misses at 50-55 mph - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2012, 01:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2006 6.0 shutters and misses at 50-55 mph

I changed the fuel filters...and they were very black. This situation mostly happens when the engine is cold. If you accelerate fast it's not much of an issue. But if you are accelerating slowly it feel like it is missing when you get to around 50 mph. Any Ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2012, 10:01 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I am having the same problem, and can Also Feel it at idle. I'm in the same boat, if I make any headway ill let you know.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:30 PM

Bump, any ideas on this one?

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app
Old 07-26-2012, 07:21 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I've been doing some reading, try searching blue spring update. I'm going to order this next week. and see if it helps..
Old 07-26-2012, 07:46 PM
Serving Our Country!

My 04 is doing the same thing. I hooked a code scanner on the trucks OBD and got the no. 1 injector low circuit when I did a KOER test. When I get back to it I'm going to check my ficm and see if its putting out the regulation voltage. Ill give you an update and try to help out.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:31 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Normally if a ficm is bad it sets EVERY injector circuit low code, or a P0611 - Ficm performance. If you only have 1 injector code I would start by checking the resistance of that injector.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:54 PM
Serving Our Country!

Do you have a link on that or shoot me through the steps?
Old 07-27-2012, 01:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

First you need an ohm meter. #1 is the first cylinder on the pass side. The injector connector comes through the head just above the intake manifold, and #1 should be just behind the alternator. It will be a four wire, black round connector with a metal clip on the top side. To disconnect it you can either press the clip down(sometimes stubborn) and pull the connector off, or use a screwdriver and pop the clip up, however, keep your finger over the clip because they like to go flying when you pop them off and you never find them. Once you have the connector off hook one of your meter probes to one of the pins on the top row and the other probe to the pin directly below it, then do the same for the other two pins(see pic, you should measure resistance between pins 1 and 2, then 3 and 4)

If the motor is warm the resistance can be between .4 - 1.5 ohms, if the motor has sat for half a day or so and is at ambient temp, the spec is .4 - .6 ohms. If the resistance is out by about .2 ohms it will set that injector circuit low code, and you need an injector. I hope this helps. If you need me to take actual on vehicle photos I can do that.
Attached Thumbnails
2006 6.0 shutters and misses at 50-55 mph-a0079868.gif  
Old 08-18-2012, 04:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Afternoon all, I am having same problem with mine , 06,f-350 dually . But mine happens under a load , boost hits 20psi, n if i lay my foot into her , she clears up. There is a tube that runs into my air intake , it looks like a pcv setup on gassers , but i know 6.0's don't have them , any clue thanks Joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.