2004 6.0 rough idle below 1800 rpm - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2012, 07:48 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2004 6.0 rough idle below 1800 rpm

Hello, I am recently new to site although visited several times over last few years and always found very helpful. Only access right now is through phone, so if I have spelling errors I apologize, dang spell check. I have recently been experiencing very rough idle below 1800, took truck in to shop, came back with error codes for ficm and miss on#5, quoted $2000 for replacement of ficm and #5 injector, but recommended I do all 4 on the side so now were over $3000 for that. I have been doing a lot of online research, and found you can get your ficm repaired by ficmfixer.com for as little as $110, and no need for programming. Has anyone used this service and how long did it take, I live in Wisconsin. Also I have been reading a lot about the updated program removing horsepower and tanking fuel economy, also that Ford was doing this without telling customer. When I heard this I was thinking wtf cause about 2 years ago I took my truck in to dealer for balljoints and never really thought about it much till now that is around the time I noticed a big change in my gas mileage and performance drop, a few months later egr valve issues, a few months later plugged oil cooler, cracked egr cooler and blown head gasket. Repairs came to about $7000. Also extended warranty denied coverage saying failure due to sludge build up, a whole different issue though as far as the warrant company goes. To stay on track here now I am a year later with more problems. Are us guys thinking Ford secretly reprogrammed our trucks crazy or is it a legitimate issue? Also would like any info on the reprogramming of the ficm. Also I am thinking of buying the ae scanner, would this tell me what program is on my ficm? Dealership could not tell me, said I would need to come in for a $160 diagnostic scan. Also anyone tried hotshots secret for 6.0 liter injector problems, site says 86% success rate with faulty injectors, looking for any feed back before I drive truck another 500-1000 miles, after adding oil treatment. Even with all the problems I am very pleased with the truck, has never left me stranded, and even now when you hammer on the gas there is a couple second hesitation but she takes off. I have been driving the truck very limited lately and lookin for feedback if I should be driving it at all. Any info at all would be greatly appreciated, like I said found very helpful info here before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2012, 10:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have been using the Hotshots for about 800 miles now and I have to say I have really noticed a difference. I was really skeptical at first but it took a few hundred miles but now starting to see subtle differences everyday. My FICM needs repaired as well and have been thinking about the ficmfixer website. A lot of folks on here really like the ficmrepair website. Never heard anything bad about either. But to be honest havent heard much at all about the ficmfixer site. Would like to know more as well.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:48 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I used rev-x. Did a oil change first(full syn) then added 2 bottles. Used my snow brush up against fuel pedal and seat, got it to 2200rpm ish. I can tell ya after 20mins the engine sound completely changed. The cold starts are way better(when she starts-that's another thread, lol). I had 3 injector codes, now I have one. That being said HOtshots may do the exact thing GL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.