Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

No codes no start when hot

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  LDH 
#1 ·
Hey everyone.... Ive been reading on here lots and get lots of awsome help just reading threads but i need help. Any way i have an 03 f350 with 6.0 and every now and again i go to start it (when wArm) and the truck cranks for long time or kranks then gets faster then finally fires... Also has left me atuck for over an hour twice now.... Have no loss in oil preasure no leaks batts are fine tested and perfect also done both fuel filters as i was at a loss when i had no exhaust while cranking ..... I guess now it can be ipc or hpop or many other things .... But i have heard many guys do the hpop and not problem .... Just need a new idea or place to start looking thanks

#2 ·
It'll be a leak in your high pressure oil system. You'll never see it because it's internal and leaks back into the system. There are high pressure oil rails on top of your injectors under the valve covers. There are "dummy plugs" in the rail as well as a stand pipe. These all have 0 rings on them that go bad. I've already been down this road myself. It could also be the fitting on your high pressure oil pump that connects it to the rail system. That requires removing the turbo, hpop cover, etc. Hopefully it's just a dummy plug on one of the rails. That's alot simpler to fix. Search me on here. I've posted pictures of this where I did mine myself.

#3 ·
How do i search your old threads..... Sorry thanks first .... The only thing that really had me baffled is why sometimes it cranks 10 se onds then gets faster and 5 seconds later fires i just went out and got code for cyl 5 injector now and as always p1000

#4 ·
$300 per injector, plus about $400 to $500 labor to change it. If you change out all 4 injectors on the bank (side) that #5 is on, the labor will be the same. You'll just be out the cost of 3 additional injectors. On the other hand...you won't have to spend that $500 labor each time to go in and change them one by one. Change all 4 on that bank while they have it tore down. You change one, then next month another one goes out possibly.....trust me...I know from experience. That's my advice anyway.

#5 ·
The injectors are under the valve covers. Each one just has a hold down bolt that secures it in the head, but it's the process of taking everything off and getting everything out of the way to get to it that your paying for. The passenger side bank is the hardest due to the HVAC box being in the way. It's pretty tight to work in that area.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.