Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

6.0 no start hot

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  kaz 
#1 ·
my name is zak im looking for a bit of advice on my trcuck im working on if any one could help i would greatly appercate it i have an 05 f 350 6.0 diesel it starts right up when cold and runs and drives great hot or cold but if u shut it off when its hot and try to start it again it will just crank and crank im a mechanic so im not just a normal change the oil guy..... i changed/replaced everything that is a common problem with these trucks and that causes this prob i put a new IPR sensor in new high pressure pump new stand pipes dummy plugs rail to head plugs rebuilt all 8 injectors with new O rings checked the low pressure pump its within spec the oil pick up tube is not damaged or broke neither is the bed plate it attaches to i have base oil pressure and only 300 psi in the ICP sensor port at hot crank i no it needs at least 500 psi to start so its losing the presure somewhere but the entire oil system is replaced except for branch tubes but im having a hard time beliving that it could have any cracks in it because its a no moving welded part i pressured tested it and couldnt hear anything i looked and asked just about every where and everyone i new that had any knowleadge on these trucks im wondering if it could be something electrical if anybody knows anything about 6.0 powerstrokes and has any advice that could help me pin point the problem please let me no

#2 ·
Sorry to hear about your issue. Have you tried firing it up with the ICP sensor disconnected? It sounds like you've gone through all the other "typical" parts that go bad on the 05's. If it runs, you have a bad ICP sensor and it needs replacement. If not, it rules another part out and we can proceed from there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.