Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Bought Quigley van, now problems

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  mxc 
#1 ·
I posted this on the van discussion as well. Whats up gents. I just bought a 2006 Ford e350 Quigley with the 6.0 ps. This is my first diesel. I live in alabama and bought the vehicle from ny( originally a florida vehicle). Van looks great. I flew my dad, who lives in nashville, to ny last week to pick it up and am already having problems. After talking with the dealership they said it sat for about 3 months straight.

Dad picked it up and at About six hundred miles into the trip he stopped for gas and the van would not restart for about 15 min, he had to get jumped off at the pump because he ran the battery down from attempts to crank. After he got home he called me and said that as he was trying to pass freightliners while on an incline the van would fall on its face around 2200 rpm, but in normal cruising it drove great. I have had him put the pedal down a few times to see if it was at any speed and it is about every time it tried to get above 2200-2400 rpm. I asked him to stay in it after the drop in power to see if it would catch up and he said that it will after a few seconds. It has not started 3 times in 5 days of normal driving.

Being a former Marine I called my former comrad and motor t buddy from chattanooge tn that has worked for bean diesel in manchester tn. He seems to think that its injectors. Then he asked me to Idle at temp and floor it to let the turbo spool and then let off quick to see if a violent blow off happens as that could mean the turbo veins? are clogged?

After I had my dad spool the turbo few times he went and drove it to get gas. I asked him to put his foot in it to see if it made a difference he said it seemed to catch up faster and on one occasion it did not lag at all up to 2800 rpm. The one thing he did notice is that after comming to a stop light afterward that it had some white smoke for a few seconds, is that normal? I asked him to keep note of the coolant reservoir, I read on one thread that it might be a sign of a bad egr cooler.

Guys I know this is long but I want to love this van but I need something reliable. Hope someone can help-

See less See more
#2 ·
well first off, welcome, and second you need start talking about fuel not gas, you don't want that in your psd haha.

i had a similar problem with a 6.0 e350 i used to have. it started out with hard, long starts, and then i started loosing power even on flat ground. shortly after any time i would accelerate i would be blowing white smoke all over traffic behind me. it got the the point where the van didn't even want to shift into the next gear unless i let off the accelerator and then more white smoke. it turned out to be the FICM, which is not cheap.

don't give up yet though, i have a 6.0 in my f250 and i love it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.